Location, Location for FMA

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Lucy O'Malley, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Lucy O'Malley

Lucy O'Malley The Mother Art

Your not a real keyboard combatant then....you mean you have time for training?

Have a good one. Mind those fingers.

Lots of love :love:

Lucy

2. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

We got engaged shortly after that, we announced it at one of Bob Sykes Clash of the Titans events where I fought him and two others with no break:D Easy bout (he has the video and so do I). Then fought my wife after a break:eek: not so easy at all. We are married with 2 kids now and I do everything she say's, unless she insists that is;)

Best regards

Pat

3. Brunstick

Brunstick (^_^) I need a girlfriend

that's a great story pat!

now regarding me having a few cases of beer. it just occurred to me that if i did that, my opponent would suddenly be five people! that and the world would be spinning!

i seriously hope that i meet you guys when i'm in the philippines this year! :D

-nico-

4. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Don't worry mate I will have a few cases too and then we can have 4 back up people each. Makes for a good film fight scene "Brave Heart, you can take my life but you can never take my San Mig:D ". It would be great to meet up with you, we will be there again in December.

Best regards

Pat

5. Brunstick

that'll be so cool! it's like a mass attack drill!

hopefully i'll be in the philippines in december!

hmmm, maybe we could start a new style of kali? drunken kali!

-nico-

6. shootodog

shootodog restless native

been there. being tipsy is the only sane way to spar old school. especially the way psycholisi hits.

live stick? no padding? pass the lambanog!

7. Brunstick

lambanog's too expensive! what about gin bulag and kulafu? and how about our old friend barangay ginebra (bilog of course)? oh, and don't forget about mr. longneck (tanduay rum)!

-nico-

8. Brunstick

actually i was at my university's computer lab earlier. i literally had to go to a college class. :p

-nico-

9. shootodog

maybe 1-2-3. 1 long neck (rhum), 2 san miguel grandes, 3 liters of coke.

10. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

I'll have to give some to Pat & Lucy to take over, Work has officially said no to me getting time off in December :(

Still I could just imagin trying to explain what haggis is if I got stopped at customs ;)

11. juramentado

juramentado lean, mean eating machine

WAY WAY OT..

I'm sure I'm going to leave some out but here goes..

a guide to Filipino liquor

Quarto Kantos (four corners) - Ginebra San Miguel gin, 750 ml. The bottle has squared off corners, thus the name

Bilog (bilog) - Ginebra San Miguel gin, 320 ml. Round bottle. the bottle is often used for blast fishing :(

San Miguel Pale Pilsen aka beer - no introductions necessary. 3 thumbs up!

San Miguel Super Dry - light to medium body beer. white collar folks like it

Red Horse - very strong beer, made by San Miquel. Actually a malt liquor. Preferred by some because you can get drunk on a budget..:)

San Mig Lite - low calorie beer. Popular among the club and nightlife crowd. since I've been gaining weight, I've been sticking to this for now..

San Miguel Cerveza Negra - Dark beer, top of the line. a bit stronger than pale pilsen. More of a "gourmet" beer.

Lambanog - coconut liquor. can be called local moonshine. can either be very good or enough to strip paint, depending on how it's made and who made it. Lots of anecdotal stories of people being able to start engines with a little of this in the carburator. I guess that says it all.

Tuba - palm wine. very good, but ages quickly to vinegar. To try this, head to the coconut growing areas.

Tanduay - Rum. Very very good. a favorite among outdoor types (climbers, white water rafters, etc). one method of consumption: pour tanduay and some condensed milk into a bottle. shake vigorously and serve it as an alternative to bailey's.

Emperador - Brandy. Avoid this if you can, but can be drank in an emergency. replaces "Andy Player" as the liquor of last resort.

Gin rules in the provinces, more so among seaside communities. Beer overtakes gin only at towns and urban areas. Lambanog is still consumed in vast amounts. Some places have distinct colors and flavors. Samar for instances has reddish lambanog, very strong and suspiciously looks like gasoline.

Tagay - one glass gets passed around and refiled by the Tangero, the designated "pourer". pace of inebriation will depend on consumption rate of the group, mood of the tangero and the kind of liquor being consumed. Intoxication is evenly distributed..

pulutan - finger food eaten with liquor. As you can tell from the other posts here, what is considered pulutan is just mind boggling.. :eek:

there are other interesting drink, such as tapuy (rice wine) and basi (sugar cane wine), but most are very regional and unless you go way of the beaten path, you're unlikely to encounter these.

hope that helps the non-Filipinos.

:D

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  12. stickgirl

stickgirl Valued Member

Hiya

It wasn't a proper one like your's. Do you remember my last grading when I messed up on the basics :bang: so Pat made me spar him with no armour anything goes? Oh thats going back a few years!!
    So your title still stands
    :D

Michelle
    :love:

13. Brunstick

ah... my first ever experience with alcohol. i prefer the grande (1 liter bottle, similar to the 40's here in the US).

yes, it's very strong. has a very nice kick to it (sarcasm), especially right before heading home.

yes, i used to be a party animal back there, so i've had my fair share of san mig lights (that, and my beer belly was and still is huge).

you could also add coffee to the milk and rum to make the so-called "boracay mix." my climber friends and i used to drink this all the time!

-nico-

14. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Valued Member

i heard the latest "in" thing here in the city is gin pomelo!

i hope you guys will allow me to join this get-together coz it already sounds fun!

15. shootodog

for the famous orig bora drink, go to my journal and see my recipe for the jam jar (cocomangas/ moondog's shooter bar).

16. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

hence, the local drinker's name of Empera-NING (praning = crazy). :D
    oohhhh... and Fundador's brandy also have the TUMBAdor reputation (tumba = fall down).

yes, the ever popular Ginebra San Miguel gin mixed with pomelo (Chinese grapefruit) juice. preparation is quite easy.. and is cheap too!... that's why it's a very common drink here.

17. shootodog

what i try to do is add half a packet of extra joss to any alcohol that i may happen upon when i'm outside.

18. Brunstick

ginpom? i like island punch! :D

-nico-

19. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Valued Member

oh... have you seen the "Gin Pomelo" MTV too?

20. Brunstick

what gin pomelo mtv?