Llama's Llog

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Llamageddon, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

The frightening thing about Scrubs is that a medic friend of mine reckons that of all the medical series on the tv, that Scrubs is the closest to reality! :wow:

A full body session once a week works well. I've starting doing a full body session every 3rd day and body part splits over the other days, but that's because I'm a walking injury at the moment. You could also do selected bits as part of your warm up.

2. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

What about if I'm using it primarily for rehab at the moment? IT band/hamstrings etc. twice a week? Or still once a week?

3. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

If you've got time, you could do it after every session, particularly if your only targeting a small area of your body.

Or maybe do a full body session once a week and then alternate hammies one day and IT band the next day, or cycle through body parts concentrating on problem areas. I've split mine into front of legs, inside of legs, outside of legs, back of legs, front upper body and arms, and back upper body, and I just cycle through those on days when I'm not doing a full body session.

4. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Hi Simon

I think it comes down to whether you believe that those knots are a good or bad thing! :) If they don't seem to be inhibiting performance then I would argue it is better not to damage the tissue by breaking them down. :)

At the moment I've a pretty good training record with no muscle massages - ever! That might change as I get older... but bear in mind I've already experienced the blood chemistry and other attributes of people over twice my age thanks to organ failure.

5. John Titchen

How often you want to use that tube of yours depends on how much relief a good session gives you and how quickly you recover.

6. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

[​IMG]

7. Llamageddon

I actually exercised today.

30 (ish!) mins of running in total, getting back in to the swing of things. 15 mins at 7mph, stretch for a bit, 5 mins at 12kph (diff treadmill) then did some proper 'lets make me more flexible' stretching, followed by another 7 minutes at 12-15kph

Nothing fantastic, but nice to know I've done something, however small.

8. John Titchen

How often have you heard that phrase? :whistle:

9. Llamageddon

I usually hear 'I have no idea what to do with that! Unless we can scale it down somehow?'

10. John Titchen

What your sports massage therapist says about your rear must hurt. :)

11. Llamageddon

Not when it's all muscle

12. Llamageddon

10/01/2012

Karate training:

Dripping sweat after the warm up. Lots of press up variations interspersed with punches in between. Leg lifts, sit ups with various hand techniques at the top.

First hour was by and large self directed kata practice. Certainly needed that after the break.

Second session was all bag work. Various techniques on the kick shields, minute on, minute off.

Finished off with some more kata. Going to be taking an extra ten mins with the instructor after every class to drill kata now. 2nd Dan exam only a month and a bit away now.

13. Osu,

Good luck on the 2nd dan grading King Llama :)

Osu!