Liu He Ba Fa ? Water Boxing ?

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by FuriousStyles, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Nerevar

Nerevar A son of a mother

Hehe sorry, I just keep emagining Keanu Reeves saying" I know Liu He Ba Fa.":D

2. 18hands

18hands New Member

New Liu He Ba Fa DVD

Has anyone seen this DVD yet?

I wanted to get some feedback.

www.wudanglongmen.com/dvd

Thanks in advance

3. gerard

gerard Valued Member

4. Ern

Ern New Member

Liu He Ba Fa - Sydney

I'm trying to locate contact details for Sifu Connie Coehlo who I understand is living and teaching in Sydney.

Help with this from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ern

5. Ern

Ern New Member

6. Rogue47

Rogue47 New Member

Is therew a difference?

Hi, I'm new to this thread but I am wondering if there is a difference between liu he ba fa and luk hop pa fa?

7. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

!!

Let me know if you find him - I've never seen Liu He Ba Fa and would love to check it out if there's a teacher in Sydney (my email is nzric@yahoo.com)

8. Rogue47

Rogue47 New Member

Still curious

Hey gang,
    is this thread dead or is there no one who knows the answer. Is Liu he ba fa the same as Luk ho pa fa

9. 18hands

18hands New Member

Liu He Ba Fa / Lok Hup Ba Fa

I think one is the Mandarin pronouciation and one the Cantonese.

Same Chinese Characters

10. Rogue47

Rogue47 New Member

Still Curious

Is Xingyi Liuhe Quan any relation to Liu He Ba FA?

11. gerard

gerard Valued Member

A friend of mine in Canada (Vancouver) send me this link. Anyone in that area can attend a Seminar given by Grandmaster Shou-Yu Liang, who imparts classes in different internal arts.

Here's the link:

http://www.shouyuliang.com/classes/liuhe.shtml

Gerard.

12. wingvigor

wingvigor New Member

Hi everyone! I've been searching for information related to LHBF for a while and I am very much delighted to find this post and this forum here.

I started learning LHBF last August from an excellent Master. He is an excellent fighter in LHBF and best of all, he has a strong desire to teach without reserve. He can discharge you with very slight movements of his body. His system starts with the training of special muscle groups. Training of Chi is an advanced topic. I practice LHBF almost everyday.

(10 years ago, I learnt Tai-Chi briefly from a Grandmaster from Shanghai. He can discharge you without even moving his body! His system started with the training of Chi. I practice Tai-Chi once in a while only - definitely not a good idea.)

LHBF is much like other internal styles, i.e. you cannot tell the mechanics involved just by looking at the form itself. Like all other internal styles, involuntary muscle and tandon are involved. For example, most of the palm turnings and arm movements are caused and powered by the movement of the shoulder blades. One may try this: hold both of your hands relatively straight out in front of your chest with palms facing each other, just about shoulder wide. Use just enough force with your hands/arms to keep them hanging straight out horizontally. Now spread your shoulder blades (below the shoulders, on the back)! Both your palms are now turning towards the ground to a certain degree. How much the palms turn depends on how far your shoulder blades can travel. The training on the use of involuntary muscles is really tough. The aim is to make them very strong, extremely stretchable, and voluntary! Now my shoulder blades are kind of moving by themselves without my active involvement in some cases. e.g. when pushing a door open, my arm will hold out and my shoulder blade is doing the pushing by itself!

Each internal MA style has its own method of training and style as applied to fighting. e.g. LHBF and Hsing I has different angle of arm extension when blocking a punch. However, the main methods of power generation behind different internal styles are the same, i.e. use of special muscle and/or Chi.

13. wuwei

wuwei New Member

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I'm quite excited to stumble into this old thread about Liu He Ba Fa and some of you mentioned about my Sifu Connie Coelho in Sydney. He is truely an exceptional teacher and opened up my eyes to this amazing world of IMA. He teaches in a very modernize and unique manner for a traditional martial art style. I welcome any discussion on this subject.

14. wingvigor

wingvigor New Member

A website dedicated to Liu He Ba Fa is under construction here in Hong Kong. I will post the link here once the site is completed!