Light relief...

Discussion in 'Silat' started by Wali, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Wali

Wali Valued Member

In light of the more serious threads and messages flying around at the moment, I thought I'd start a more light-hearted thread to try and difusse some of the tension that is rapidly building up.

What funny moments stick out in your mind that have happened during training?

One that sticks out for me was when we were doing some low Kuda-Kuda (Horse Stance-like position) training, and we had to hold a low stance for 3 hours. After a while, the buttocks got "too relaxed" and the inevitable wind started to make it's escape, unexpectedly, and very loudly... The chain reaction of laughter that it trigered is still implaneted in my mind, and it made the rest of the 3 hours a little easier.

Anyone have any funny training stories to share?

2. keith.w

keith.w Valued Member

Hi mate,

Good that there is something on here that is not too serious.

I really think its a shame that this sort of stuff has to go on but as we all know its not just in the silat forum its everywhere within the MA world.
    Every time I come on here there is someone else fighting over what is and what isnt silat. Surely the proof is in the pudding.

Sometimes I think that I should wipe this web site off my favourites list and not bother wasting my time with it but then that goes against what I belive MA and silat in particular are about, passing on knowledge.

Any way back to your flatulance problem. You can get tablets for that!!

3. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

We've had a few "windy" incidents in training too, never me though, as I'm a lady and we dont do things like that! :Angel: It fails to trigger laughter though now, apart my my giggles, which I hate doing,but cant help myself!

4. Wali

Wali Valued Member

Hi Keith,

One of the philosophies I live by is to not let my environment dictate me, but for me to dictate my environment. This way, I can always live in the atmosphere of my choosing, which normally involves lots of laughing, joking and generally trying to suck the marrow out of life (So to speak!).

Life is too short for petty bickering, in my opinion, and we tend to sometimes take ourselves to seriously.

Good to have you on this board, and I look forward to your future posts. Don't delete this this from your faves, although at the moment some of the threads are quite heavy, the guys who post here seem to be fine folk, and generally good guys and gals.

Cheers,
    Wali

5. Wali

Wali Valued Member

Wasn't me Guv'nor.. honestly!! ;)

6. serakmurid

serakmurid Valued Member

I remember once taking a test and in the middle really, really having to go to the bathroom! :eek: I had to excuse myself. How embarrassing! :cry:

7. rizal

rizal Valued Member

how about got 'sesat' during inner strength training and got a bad case of the runs for a week!!

been there done that

8. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

One instructor (who took himself way too serious) blew the seam of his pants out when he did a back flip and landed in a horse stance....