Lifeskills Martial Arts

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Toki_Nakayama, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Toki_Nakayama

Toki_Nakayama Valued Member

i did a search on this and nothing turned up. was looking at Lifeskills martial arts http://www.lifeskillsma.com/. and the instrucors list.

in particular Chuck Cory. in addition to being a 15th Dan in BBT

hes also:

holds an Instructor Rank in

Tang Soo Do
    Hwa Rang Do
    Northern Shaolin Kung Fu
    Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

He Also Holds Black Belts in

Kung Fu San Soo
    Brazilian Ju-jutsu
    Five Animal Forms of Kenpo
    Shotokan Karate
    Tae Kwon Do
    Aikido
    Pa Qua
    Haak Lung Chuan

is all this Legit?

2. cx4

cx4 Valued Member

I used to go to a lot of seminars there several years back. Yeah, he's legit and has been doing martial arts longer than most of the people on this forum have been out of diapers. It's an excellent dojo if you're considering studying there, though I think the commuting from Korea might get a little expensive.

3. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Jeez, how do these people find the time to get black belts in 12 martial arts? I struggle with one.

4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Most BJJ blackbelts would also be teaching BJJ, night be worth checking out with lineage with an email or with bullshido.

5. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

Black belt in Pa Kua! thats different, havent even heard of a black sash for Pa Kua!

6. Ace of Clubs

Ace of Clubs Banned Banned

Well for $200 I can give you a black belt in Tae Chi Shorinji Karate. You get a certificate and everything, and if you want to teach, I even offer instructional videos (for $200 each).

Pretty good deal imo.

7. Linds

Linds Valued Member

He's probably full of fluffy kittens. He listed bujinkan twice. His BJJ claim is lolerific

It's spelt JIUJItsu not jujutsu. Lineages are always mentioned. No one says "I'm a bjj blackbelt" they always say "I'm a bb under so and so".

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2010
  8. The Unholy

The Unholy Banned Banned

I knew him back when he first started Bujinkan. I had to show him some of his first stuff. It does not surprise me that he has put a very good spin on what he has done, but he is an actual Bujinkan member.

9. noname

noname Valued Member

:)

There are no "belts" in traditional Chinese martial transmissions.

As an aside, why do these BJJ people continue to butcher the Japanese language? Why don't they call it "Brazilian Wrestling" instead? After all, it has little in common with 柔術 

10. Ace of Clubs

Why do the Japanese continue to butcher teh Chinese language?

Why do the Chinese continue to Butcher the Tibetan language?

Why do Tibetan's continue to butcher teh Indian language?

But I agree. They should call it, Brazilian Professional Wrestling of Ultimate Power.

They should also wear spandex and masks, and have wrestling names, like El Guapo.

Fyi, 柔術 = jyuujyutsu, so technically we are all wrong.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  11. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

It would be "O Gato" in Portuguese.

12. noname

noname Valued Member

A more relevant question is: why do the Japanese continue to butcher the English language?

:p

13. noname

noname Valued Member

:rolleyes:

Nope. That's merely a different method of transcribing Japanese into our alphabet. Both "juujutsu" and "jyuujyutsu" are correct. I happen to prefer "juujutsu."

14. Ace of Clubs

I should embroider that on my belt in gold, like all the other cool kids.

I just watched ソウ, you have no idea how long it took me to figure that one out.

Crazy Japanese.

15. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

"Cool kids" = white trash.

16. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

He being investagated by quite a few websites now,

Interestingly he also said this on his sansoo site

http://sansootennessee.com/newboard/index.php/topic,15.15.html

'' Reply #21 on: May 22, 2008, 05:55:15 PM »

----

Other food for thought. Jujitsu and Judo men used to like the rush and grab legs and dump the opponent. Use a cross stance as they come in moving in the same direction they are moving then pivot out into a half horse. The momentum will force the opponent past you and down. It is a timing move and needs to be practiced to get the timing right, but they will not be able to get you down if you get your timing right.

Chuck

''

Not a good sign.

17. Toki_Nakayama

Toki_Nakayama Valued Member

thanks for the replies and assistance. im not familiar with Chuck Corey. theres so many instructors in the Booj community in the states alone so wanted to hear what mappers with any input had to say.

lol yeah there sure alot of other folks inquiring about this guy.

18. Linds

Linds Valued Member

translation blah blah i dont know what a sprawl is

19. Irish

Irish Valued Member

If you have a few choices of Bujinkan clubs, why dont you have a look at all of them? Do a couple of classes in each, see which instructor you like?

20. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

15th Dan? Good Lord, how many dans are there in this art.......