life

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by cioGium, Jun 15, 2003.

1. cioGium

cioGium New Member

We, as humans, tend to apreciate things more after we lose them: friends. lovers, enemies, relatives and so on.

I know that we all knew that - but you only GET IT the hard way!

Afew weeks ago my sister had an car accidend....she survived.....acctually she was the one who called me to let me know about it......on the way to see her,that day, i was wondering what would happen to me if she died!??! the thought gave me some strange feelings......i sow her in bed, she could bearly move but she was ok- know after almoust 3 weeks she is like new! The car was a british one-range rover- thank god they make solid cars!!!
    Tonight she called me and gave me a some terrible news: a friend of ours,not a close one but still a friend-the most respectable guy in the world you'll ever meet, never drinking, never cursing, the guy who repairs all that is broken, the neigbour who is willling to repair your broken video player for free just because he knows how to, anyway, the kind of person is very unlikly you'll find nowadays....had a car accident and the doctors sad he has almoust no chance of survival!
    And when i heard it, again that strange feeling was flying around and inside of me more intense than the day my sister's crash! So if it hearts like this for someone you bearly know.........

This are the moments in life you came to see that we are so
    small.....

A'int life a B*&%H?!! :woo:

and just in case you didn't know or forgot :

LIFE IS SOOOOO SHORT!!

Don't waste it!

I hope with all my heart that he will survive!

p.s. every time someone dies we all like to see and share only the good parts and deeds of that person, Frigioiu was acctualy a good man!!

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Sorry to hear of your loss :(

Several things in my life recently have made me stop - get of the ride and take a step back - look around - and realise that as you say - life is too short for much of the petty cr4p that we fill our lives with.

3. AsSaSiN

AsSaSiN New Member

Yeah, it brings it definately back to you. You realise that family and friends really is ALL you need, nothing else. We begin to value that which really matter in our life

4. morphus

morphus Doobrey

My wife & i have suffered loss in the last year & a half with both my wifes parents passing away just 6 weeks apart from each other. My father in law first very sudden, then my mother in law after battling with cancer for six years - My wife obviously devastated & me too, we're quite close. Going through the funerals bit was harrowing & all those feelings were there & then some! It had such an impact on our lives not just emotional devastation but it basically tore our life up & we had to start again. It's been a year & a half, it's been hard but we are re - building.......Life will never be the same again but it seems, that's what life is all about.

For me, it made me realise how important all the other people in my life are & not to take them for granted. It also made me think about taking more care of myself & made me look at what i have & have not achieved or done with my life. I'm taking stock.

For life is fragile.

Appreciate those close to you & even those that are not so close!;)

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Me too mate. Me too.

6. Jim

Jim New Member

I haven't posted it here because I didn't want to bring the mood down but I've gone through some pretty rough stuff lately. A guy I knew pretty well (I actually live in a house I bought from him) died in my arms after a bad car accident. I was the second one on the scene. Had to go and see his wife and kids a few days after it too which was character building in itself.

Too easy to forget how delicate life is and the only way I think people stay sane is to lose yourself in the illusion that it'll never happen to them. Worth taking stock every now and then to address your goals and to make sure you're on track.