Life Choices

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Keysi_chick, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Keysi_chick

Keysi_chick New Member

Someone the other day asked a very simple question...which made me think of life choices...

it was a friend who asked me...what would you be doing if you had never took up MA? what do you think you'd be doing now instead of MA?

i had to honestly sit and think...and my response was i cant actually see me doing anything other than MA, i dont know what my life would be like now if i hadnt took up MA.

Reason being, at first i didnt want anything to do with MA cos i being narrow minded as i was just thought it was a bunch of people jumping about screaming and bawling whilst punching and kicking but my m8 dragged me along to a kickboxing class and it opened my eyes. i learned to change my narrowminded-ness completely.

i just cant think what i would be doing instead of MA...and so i ask the same question...

What do you think you'd be doing now-a-days if you hadnt took up MA? Do you think you're life would have turned out for the better or the worst? or do you believe that fate made you take up MA? :D

2. Strafio

Strafio Trying again...

I only started MA about 3 and half years ago so I guess I can imagine not have done it, although I can't imagine myself being like I am now. But perhaps I'd've done other things to get a similar effect, taken up a sport or something.

Infact, the way I was thinking back then, I think it would only have been a matter of time until I took up a Martial Art.

Talking of choices, I've thought about it hear and there and thought of all things I've been through and how they've affected me. And the further you go back, the harder it is to imagine what had happened otherwise, because all our experiences gradually shape us and affect all our decisions later.
    So if I were to go back and change one thing, imagine how much more it would have changed? Every decision you made afterwards was potentially different.

It kind of brings "bad experiences" into perspective because the way it shapes you in the long run might make you into someone you couldn't possibly imagine not being.
    But then again, I guess it depends on how good you are at dealing with things, whether you can actually move on and the like.

3. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Watching tv getting fatter than I am already.

4. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

As to the first, me neither.
    As to the second, I don't know, but I know that I'm better off for having stuck with m.a.

Martial arts very well might be the only thing in my life that I haven't quit. I tried many, many, many, many hobbies and skills over the years and I quit them all. This is the only thing I haven't quit. I've had plenty of excuses and opportunities to quit, but three or four years into martial arts I resolved that for once, for once in my life, I will not quit something. I finally will not quit. I was true to my word, and I know with certainty that I am better off for following through with that decision.

Hmm. Had I never started martial arts, would I have found something else to not quit at? Maybe. Probably. Ya, sure. I'm sure I would have found something. But I cannot guess as what it would have been.

5. Petie D

Petie D New Member

probably building stuff or healing.

massage, reflexology.

oh sex actually. I'd be heavily into sex, kama sutra, sexual extacy etc.

hmm, rethinking those life choices :D