Leung Ting scandal

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Gong_Sau_Rick, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Gong_Sau_Rick

Gong_Sau_Rick ultimate WSL nutrider

Yohan is correct once again.

2. beknar

beknar Valued Member

You're going to compete? Seriously? Can you get video? Cuz that would be AWESOME! I love fight videos.

3. forever young

forever young Valued Member

:love: :love: :love: kewl sorry :eek:

4. forever young

Im definately gonna try and get into a comp this year if i can. you can be sure if i do i will film it win lose or draw :p

5. dragonclaw

dragonclaw Valued Member

Good luck and show 'em what Kung Fu is made of!!!

6. forever young

i KNOW there are better reps than me but thanks for the vote of confidence :D

7. Fishbone.

Fishbone. Banned Banned

First up, 10th grade from my understanding has a 70-75 year old age requirement. That fraudster looks in his 50s? I can tell he's a phony anyway.. That certificate is photoshopped rofl.

Almightyness.. LOL

8. Pinoro

Pinoro Valued Member

Being new in the city (and in the country), I started to look for a Wing Chun school. And the first founded was an EWTO school. The 3 free trainings were enough to see that it was more of a social club than a martial art school.Even the guys with black t-shirts were sloppy and uncoordinated, and - of course - sparring was a tabu word.
    I don't like what LT & Kernspecht made from a good fighting system.
    But I must say that some of the people that separated from EWTO are really,really good and their interpretations are much closer to the reality.
    Such an example is Salih Avci - he started his own organization in '97 and this man rocks! Full-contact sparring at every training and groundfighting - which consists in Wing Chun concepts mixed with elements from ''Ghiuresh'' - the traditional turkish free-fight.
    I've trained almost an year in one of his schools and attended at 3 of his seminars.

Here's a video with him: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ReGYU_gd6o&mode=related&search="]WTEO Yaz Semineri Anamur '99-4 - YouTube[/ame]

9. Bassmonkey

Bassmonkey Formerly Cobalt60

Hey Forever Young,

Any idea when, where and what type of comp your looking to enter.

Eitherway goodluck dude! Open a can of whoopass for MAP!

10. forever young

dunno on the what,when,where yet (its just something i promised myself before i get to old and i aint getting any younger :D ) i would like to try an nhb comp, i also intend to take up grappling at some point this year (would have already but im seriously overworked at the mo) so perhaps if that goes well i was thinking about maybe a bjj comp, either way i definately wanna do it.

11. RunningDog

RunningDog Valued Member

Lmfao @ Forever young boasting about the MMA comps he's all set to enter, before he's started to learn to grapple.

12. forever young

LMFAO you wasted 7/8 years learning ****e, i never boasted anything i merely pointed out i would like to compete at some point and was asked in what, it seems you are only happy in ****ing contests but you obviously hold a black belt in those so i will give it a miss. At the end of the day i greatly admire bjj and would love to learn it, if this amuses you somehow then good for you :woo:

13. RunningDog

RunningDog Valued Member

Wise. Looking forward to the videos of your beatdown.

14. someotherguy

someotherguy Valued Member

why not have a street fight instead? it's free and you might be able to get a copy of the CCTV footage

15. RunningDog

RunningDog Valued Member

Getting on Crimewatch = extra 10 points

16. beknar

beknar Valued Member

Was it really necessary to put Mr forever young down and predict his failure? I don't think he ever said that he was going to pwn everyone at the comps, just that he was going to enter. If he actually does enter, he's laying it on the line and testing his skills. That's commendable.

I'd rather encourage him than say 'Yeah. Yer gonna get yer ass handed to ya. Bah ah ahahaha!'. Kinda rude, dontcha think? I'd rather wait until he actually DOES lose to start making fun of him, otherwise, in the off-chance he does something unexpected, you'd be sitting here with egg on your face. And even then, the usual answer to a win would be 'I bet ur opponent suxxx3d, HAW HAW'. Or, 'Okay u got luckkky, dat wuzn't skillz it wuz dum luk'. It seems that nothing will satisfy some people.

17. RunningDog

RunningDog Valued Member

Ok so I get a sick pleasure from winding people up on the internet.
    In all seriousness it should be a great journey for him, but I thought it was common knowledge that if you enter these contests without at least some decent grappling training, you will promptly get chokedTFO.
    Foreveryoung. You're in London, lots of awesome grappling training available. Roger Gracie's academy has top-notch instruction and facilities, there's also London Shootfighters. If you show promise then a decent instructor should be able to hook you up some fights, or point you in the right direction...

18. Kew-Do

Kew-Do Valued Member

Hi Running Dog....

There is a clear cut diagnosis for your affliction.

Quote:
    "Ok so I get a sick pleasure from winding people up on the internet."

You know, I use to be a counselor prior to law enforcement. If you would like some therapy I would be happy to provide you with some.

Kew-Do

19. Gong_Sau_Rick

Gong_Sau_Rick ultimate WSL nutrider

Yep, after doing some more research I can conclude that Leung Ting has got to be a 3rd generation student of Yip Man.

But damn, Leung Ting is one hell of a businessman. Biggest McWingChun franchise of all.

Just incase you've missed it, since none of you have commented on it yet, I found this tribute video on Leung Ting which pretty much sums up everything.

So here it is again, encore presentation!
    Ballerina Girl starring Mr. Leung Ting, 11th level master of almightiness!
    http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=3889452645588432535&q=leung+ting

Watch out for his crazy high kick to the face he does in the second picture. One of the most stupidest things I can think of as a response to that type of situation; brilliant way to loose your balance and fall on your ass. Totally against WC theory...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  20. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter