Leung Ting scandal

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Gong_Sau_Rick, Feb 11, 2007.

1. RunningDog

RunningDog Valued Member

Something amusing just occured to me. Two guys slinging sh*t at each other over the intarweb, each accusing the other of exactly the same crimes. These chaps have very similar interests and backgrounds.
    Could it be that actually... we aren't that different... :eek:

We can test the theory. There should be a TD session in June in Birmingham, I'll be there if I don't need knee surgery. Do come along.

2. Mr Punch

Mr Punch Homicidal puppet

I said that two posts ago! :bang: :D
    Nyaa!

Er, I do actually live in Tokyo you know, and I'm not coming back this year cos my wife is giving birth in May! :)

Seriously though, I roll with anyone. The only way to get better is to get your butt kicked... Not so likely with you, Dog, but might pick up a couple of things... :eek: Must remember my rash guard! :p

And Kew-do, haven't been yet, but it is on a list of things to do in a couple of years... I'll just have to make sure I can get a nice long list of MAists I can roll/spar with in every city I want to visit first, so I get somewhere to stay! ;)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  3. RunningDog

RunningDog Valued Member

1. Don't bang your head against walls.

2. I assumed you were a typical JET program japanophile oddball tourist.

3. It wasn't me who suggested Birmingham.

4. Congratulations :eek:

4. Mr Punch

Lol

That's a computer icon. I'm always laughing!

Came here for the MA 7 years ago. That's why I'm doing wing chun... :eek: :D

Didn't I say 'sometime'? Where you at?

Thanks! :)

5. RunningDog

RunningDog Valued Member

Nutjob.

I live on the Sussex coast.

6. Kew-Do

Kew-Do Valued Member

If you do your family can stay with us for a few....Lots of room. I am one of those Wingy Chunners who loves to roll and sees/respects others abilities in the Art. Wing Chun performed right is still one of the most respected stand up arts in the WORLD!!!! In my Opinion, and the people I've rolled with!!!............ muaahhhhhhahhaha muaahahahah.(Vincent Price from "Thriller" laugh).

Kew-Do

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  7. Gong_Sau_Rick

Gong_Sau_Rick ultimate WSL nutrider

I know, that's my point. In general the WC lineages started by undertrained, non-fighters etc... aren't going to fair well against the senior students of Yip Man that matured their knowledge and skill by competing in many beimo.

Yohan, you really are a smart one. :D

Wing Chun is not that much of 'combat sport' if it is fair for me to use that term. It's much more focused on self-defense. There are no organised competition between branches like you'd have in BJJ or Kickboxing etc...

This is exactly why our only option is to trace back through history to see who actually learnt the whole system, learn it from Yip Man and actually tested their skills in beimo. To seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Because to anyone who's doing decent Wing Chun, we intuitively know that most of Wing Chun is absolute crap. Just like a Kyokushin guy might think most of Karate is crap.

---------------------

I might very well be wrong about Leung Ting. But from what I've seen so far, it's doubtful. If someone would like to defend Leung Ting and WingTsun, by all means I'm interested in the other side.

But from the article and other things, looks like he's just out the make a buck (which is no surprise from the structure of his organisation and it's McMc-antics). I've heard he bought some video footage of Yip Man for some reason, anyone know what this is all about?

8. Fishbone.

Fishbone. Banned Banned

ROFL, What a dumbass.. Fantasy or reality?

9. Gong_Sau_Rick

Gong_Sau_Rick ultimate WSL nutrider

10. Fishbone.

Fishbone. Banned Banned

I hate fraudsters so much..

Who in the right mind would even make those claims, and secondly who would believe them? LOL

11. dragonclaw

dragonclaw Valued Member

Hey, at least he's not teaching the "no touch knock out"!!!

12. forever young

forever young Valued Member

But it would be better if he was as, at least most people would know it was bs from the start instead of being ripped off for 7/8 years before realising its shart ;) and to quote sigung WSL "Money dont matter you can always earn more, its the time you cant get back!!!" (or words to that effect anyways :D )

13. Mr Punch

Thanks, I'll remember that! Ditto if you ever come to Tokyo, or we coincide in the UK!

And you live in Canton? That means you're the holder of the genuine Cantonese wing chun right!? ;)

14. Shen Yin

Shen Yin Sanda/Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

In Martial Arts, that's all there is to it.

15. Kew-Do

Kew-Do Valued Member

LOL.....Not at all, Wing Chun has been available around here since 1976. My first Wing Chun Instructor, (Dr. David Grago) was fortunate to study from Mok-Poi-On who was well known for Pao-Fa-Lien "Wing Chun" Have you ever heard of this system? One of my Students study with Eddie Chong for 2 years prior to my introduction to him. As soon as we met, we hit it off, and he has been my Yip Man WC....Pan Nam Yong Chun.......and Bak Mei Root.

Eddie is a Super great guy and unbelievable Sensitivity and speed even at the age of 66. Chong Sifu is always in the mode of Student always learning. When the first student that I mentioned at the beginning of the post and I showed Eddie grappling techniques back in 1992-93, he identified the need for such training and the understanding of ranges, (Most Chinese instructors that I have met in the past would not take this stance and either say, "well I would kill them with my deadly Vibrating Palm Technique", Chong Sifu is more of a realist and motivates all of his students and Instructors to Evolve.

Here is his website if interested...
    ( http://www.chongskungfu.com/ )

I am really interested to hear about your background like...Your Heritage, Have you always lived in Japan? Family? Please give me a little bio on you....you can PM me or post it here.

Kew-Do

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  16. dragonclaw

dragonclaw Valued Member

Well the good thing is that for every bad and fraud art there 2 real and solid ones!!! At least we hope so!!!.

Seriously, it's these money grubbing guys that give all traditional MA a bad name. forever Young, guys like him are the reason why there isn't more kung fu in MMA. Most train forms and basic applications, but no real fight experience.

17. forever young

forever young Valued Member

????? what is that meant to mean? guys like me are the reason what???? no real fight experience??? wachooo talkin bout willis??? the reason there isnt kung fu in mma is because most kf guys suck and larp, note i said most NOT all ;) infact i know some guys i wouldnt ever ever mess with unless i was seriously packing something cause they are real bad ass kf guys, I have also made a commitment to myself to try and compete this year so infact i (hopefully ;) ) will be one of the few kf guys in mma comps, i also try and get about mixing it up full contact sparring with styles other than wing chun to try and improve and i can honestly say those who train full contact have a much more realistic approach to both their own capabilities and combat in general. where you at?

18. CFT

CFT Valued Member

I think he meant: "forever young, guys like Leung Ting are the reason why there isn't more kung fu in MMA".

19. dragonclaw

dragonclaw Valued Member

That's exaclty what I meant CFT......sorry it's my New York accent! LOL!

20. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Unfortunately, I don't think that's true. Around here there are about 10 crappy schools for each real good one.