Leung Ting scandal

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Gong_Sau_Rick, Feb 11, 2007.

1. RunningDog

RunningDog Valued Member

Ooh! Another _ing _un thread! What fun.

I had the misfortune of spending 7/8 years under the Kernspecht/Leung Ting. Their training methods suck, I don't really care whether some photos were doctored, it pales into insignificance compared to some of the utter claptrap they sell to their students, and their scientology-like approach to grading fees.

However, Leung Ting's suckiness in no way legitimizes any other _ing _un lineage. To put things simply, here is the _ing _un hierarchy of suck:

ROFLMAO Bruce Lee/Yip Man
    ROFL pigeon toes, ROFL chi sao
    LMAO lineage wars; LMAO chain punch; LMAO tan sao
    LOL Leung Ting; LOL Wong Shong Leung; LOL William Cheung

2. Mr Punch

Mr Punch Homicidal puppet

BWUHAHAHAHAAAAA!

:rolleyes:

30 years old and that's the best you can come up with?

See what I mean kids, 7-8 training garbage and too daft to notice: Darwinism in action... and yet he still expects us to think he has something of value to add... or something to say even!? :D

3. RunningDog

RunningDog Valued Member

Ouch. Nearly.
    Now children, please open your dictionaries at I, and find for me the definition of "irony".

Well done little Jimmy! that was very quick. Please read the example for the class.

"A chunner telling another chunner that his kind of chun was poop, whilst failing to notice that HIS chun is merely poop of a slightly different shade."

A common occurrence in vingy chongy threads in MA forums, I find.

4. Mr Punch

I got your splendidly subtle point the first time. Seems you missed mine:
    7-8 years kids! Don't try this at home, you may hurt yourself without proper supervision! :D

Thanks for playing.

5. RunningDog

RunningDog Valued Member

You cut me deep, Punch, you cut me real deep. Yes I was a fool, I know it well.

I cannot express the shame and loathing I feel when I think of the sewer that is Chunning. I look down at you through a manhole and laugh, because you still can't quite see that you're in a different branch of the same sewage system.

Happily, I'm now making up for my lost years, and I will quite happily demonstrate a variety of chokes on any ridiculous little chunners that cross my path. Look forward to meeting you. Check out the UK throwdown threads on Bullshido, pop by if you're ever over on business. I'm jus' fixin ta choke a byatch, and your throat looks mighty purdy.

6. UninspiredUser

UninspiredUser Valued Member

I'm not sure if you're aiming this at Gong Sau Rick, me, or both of us, but if it's me, I just said he *seems* fake. I'm not really having a go at him, I don't really want to judge his Wing Chun skills when I just found out about him last night.
    I would hope that anyone who accuses someone of being a fake etc. would be willing to spar against them if given the chance.

By the way Kew-Do, love that joke :p

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  7. Mr Punch

Damn, you're childish.

a) I'm not little.

b) You're still not impressing me with this 'seen the light' bit. In fact if childish threats and sociopathic sexist insults are the best you got, maybe you do need to meet a well-rounded MMAer. Just cos you couldn't make the grade, doing BS slappy nonsense for 8 years cos you were afraid of getting hit... perhaps you missed the bit on Bullshido where they repeat that you need to be versed in all ranges? Well, I got your range, and I don't see that you have mine. :D

You 've got stand-up throws? Well I've got 16 years of that. You've got ground work? Well, mine ain't perfect but I've rolled solidly for over two years, including many pro Shooto and Deep fighters. Unlike you, I'm not into puerile challenges on the net, nor do I pretend I can win them all, but still looks like you're missing the punch-kick-knee-elbow aspect pal, which I've also practiced full-contact week-in week-out rolling/sparring against wrestlers, BJJers, judoka, TMAers, CMAers, JMAers, boxers, Thai boxers, MMAers, full contact, semi contact, protection or not, and learned things from most of them... Throwdown? I do it every other week. :p

c) You anywhere near Birmingham? Perhaps we can roll next time I'm over...

d) But wait, I don't throwdown with people with your mental age though, one of us may get hurt and I don't think my insurance covers it. Two adult fighters who check their ego at the door and will respect the tap so they can both learn, fine. Don't think you make that grade either, but keep talking. :rolleyes:

8. Mr Punch

Nope.

9. Gong_Sau_Rick

Gong_Sau_Rick ultimate WSL nutrider

Hey dude, if your happy doing Judo, BJJ or whatever your doing at the moment that's cool. To each his own I guess.

You can even keep your illogical generalisation of Wing Tsun sucks, therefore all of Wing Chun sucks (that's like saying: Gokanryu sucks therefore all of Karate sucks including the Kyokushins, Enshins and the Seidokans etc...).

But please:
    1) In another thread...

2) Give some specific answerable criticism instead of: ROLOCOPTER LOL OMG ROFL Chi Sao LOLOL LMAO OMG LOL Yip Man t3h SuxX0r LMAOROFL LMFAO LOL ROFL LOLOCOPTER LOL ROFL !!!!11!!1!!!!oneoneone.

It's just bloody childish man, c'mon we know from your perspective Leung Ting and his band of dingleberries raped you, but c'mon man if your not going to leave a post that contributes to this thread then don't post one.

Oh, and no one found the Leung Ting tribute funny? :(

10. RunningDog

RunningDog Valued Member

Sociopathic, maybe. Sexist? where?
    Your point appears to be "I am teh h4rd manz! Will not throw down! Will break yoor face! hands r deadly weapons!" Good for you.
    You are correct on one point though. Mr Leung has imbued my punch-kick-knee-elbow game with a degree of suck. This is why I'm none too fond of the man. There were some people who made it look pretty damned good, and who worked in security/law enforcement or whatever, who kept me hooked in, but damn I resent not just doing boxing from the start.
    Now from what I've seen, despite the pernickity little differences in footwork and hand positioning, WT is actually very similar to other branches of wing chun. Similar body positioning and structure, training methods centred around compliant drills/chisao/forms, very similar fighting tactics. Fighting tactics which show NO evidence of working against a skilled fighter of a similar training level in an established competetive art. At this point I would refer you to every _ing_un style vs style video on the internet, ever.

In summary: I agree with the general premise of the thread, which is that LT is an all-round trickster and money-grabber. I just haven't seen any evidence that all the other wing chun around is any better. At all.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  11. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

See, here's the thing. The questions of legitimacy and effectiveness should be solved by the crossing of hands, not words. In MMA, if someone is talking trash, and doesn't have enough skill in their hands to back it up, there is a legitimate, socially and legally acceptable way to handle it:

1. Get in ring.
    2. Knock face off.

Your example regarding BJJ is great, but the fact of the matter is that the students of Hickson Gracie are going to choke the life out of the students of the crappy purple belt. The problem is that there is no socially acceptable way of resolving these dispustes in schools that don't compete. Further, most of the people who have no skill in their hands know it, and they aren't going to cross hands with the people that do have skilled hands. Instead, they stand steadfastly by this quote:

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and be presumed a fool then to open it and remove all doubt."

In that case, if one walks into their school and tries to provide the hard proof that they have no skill, it is deemed assault.

You can stand around and talk and ask questions all day, or you can cross hands and all your questions will be answered.

12. Shen Yin

Shen Yin Sanda/Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Can’t argue with that one bit.
    After 12 years of practice, it’s really the only form that I know of that contains so much lady-like bickering. But very rarely have I ever seen any real fighting amongst all this animosity.

As a CMAist, it’s extremely disheartening. Really it is.

13. dragonclaw

dragonclaw Valued Member

Because there's such a thing as "police", "guns", and the worst of them all, "LAWYERS"....! :D

14. dragonclaw

dragonclaw Valued Member

My two cents: I don't think that all WC should be bunched up with the WT stuff. I don't have a comment of the legitemacy of Leung Ting cause I'm not a chunner and don't know the history. But I'll dare to say the it's no different in BJJ and MMa. It's all in the practioner not the arts themselves. If it were, they wouldfn't have lasted for hundreds of years. I sparred a WTer before and it didn't go well for him. I've touched with a BJJ guy before and it didn't go well for him. sparred a boxewr once and it didn't go well for me, but I got revenge(YEEEESSSS!). but we shouldn't take the criticism so seriously, we do it in every sport. It's the man's way. End of the day every style has bickering, politics, and frauds who claim to be the answer("grandmaster"), end all be all. Just remember it's all marketing.

Stick to the training.

Ok, I'm done rambling aimlessly. going to train now!

15. Mr Punch

You don't get why calling someone (especially a man) a 'byatch' is sexist? You're not very bright are you?
    Hang on a minute: it was you that started on with the 'choking out a little wing chun byatch' threats! :D All I did was point out that I wasn't only into wing chun and got the value of cross-training: something which as Bullshido should have already taught you if you haven't learnt it yourself, is really pretty useful. And since you've obviously spent too long studying philosophy and not enough reading plain English: the point about insurance is I wouldn't be covered in case either of us got hurt. No stupid challenges from me, that's your department.

Reading your answers on the wing chun in the ufc thread, I can see that we're pretty much in agreement with everything. We know you're a born-again ex-philosopher-hippy-unwashed-kungfu-bum dupe with what, maybe, four years' real experience so if you just stop trying to make out that you're all Bullshido-5tr33t and pwn@ge, maybe you could actually use the benefit of your wasted years' experience to a) having some useful discussions, and b) stopping other unfortunates from talking useless MA! :p :D

16. Kew-Do

Kew-Do Valued Member

Mr. Punch....

What the He11 is this?

(5tr33t and pwn@ge) I'm sorry I must not be with the present times or something. help an old man out and explain......... Just curious. :confused:

Kew-Do

17. Mr Punch

Haha, ask RunningDog...!

STREET and OWNAGE (completely beating someone as if you end up owning them)

18. RunningDog

RunningDog Valued Member

Plain English being, to give an example:
    ?

No I don't think it's sexist to call you a 'byatch', unless you're a whining little girl.

It's difficult to convey sarcasm, irony, humour, call it what you will over the internet, so I attempted to make it clear that that's what this was, by writing it in a hillbilly accent. Now it probably wasn't very funny except to me, but if you took it seriously, that's your retardation at fault.

I'd give the following, though as a good example of someone actually trying to talk tough:

19. Mr Punch

:rolleyes:

Yes, it's difficult showing sarcasm blah blah blah...
    are you really trying to tell me that at any point in my posts you don't know what I was trying to say? You know I wasn't challenging you.

I know you said you like to play dumb, but you're starting to reach Oscar level.

At the same time, while I knew there was a chance you were being sarcastic you followed your 'choke a byatch' comment with an invitation to throwdown. If you'd have said 'Perhaps we can roll next time you're over' instead of the 'choke a byatch' BS it may have gone off a little better. But since you interpret 'perhaps we can roll next time I'm over' as part of some supposed macho peeing contest on my part, well, I'm about done with this chat.

20. Kew-Do

Kew-Do Valued Member

Well because you are a Homicidal Muppet, If you are ever over near Canton, Ohio, I would like to roll with you standing up or on the ground. I think it would be a lot of fun. Ever get over to USA ever?

Kew-Do