Lets Talk Tae Kwon Do

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Chazz, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy.... :D

Sorry if your insulted you :p .You just don't seem very confident in technology!

Me personally?? I currenly doing an MSc in Distributed Multimedia Systems/ Interactive Multimedia after completing 2 years research in 3G Telecommunication and Network software after a dissertation in RF Artefacts for an Honours Degree in Computer Science. Also one of my students, who I've discussed this in great depth, has just finished his PhD in Optically Interconnected Computing Systems. My Assistant Instructor is also completing an MSc in Embedded Systems Engineering.

Do a google search Jimmy. They use RF pressure sensors on the eye for gods sake!

So I know the technology exists and that is is possible. Fair point with the cost to make it perfect (which i have already conceded to in my first post... :eek: ). But were talking about a first version here of something that's never been done before. Stop moaning about how hard it is.....

Again with the impossible Jimmy. How do you bear to get up in the morning?? :Angel:

2. gingerninja

gingerninja Don't mock the sideburns

You could infact coat the gi or dobak in a conductive polymer such PEDOT or PSS these are conductive polymers whose conductive properties change when physical stress or changes in the coating layer is changed i.e. when a region is hit. The required microelectronics could also be made from this material therefore the only bulk electronics would be the battery and the transmitter.

Trust me it would work, I used to work for a company that develops devices that use polymers for displays and other devices.

3. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Nigh-on impossible, and I always take into account all factors rather than just saying that its a prototype and so the cost can be ignored. To be commercially profitable it needs to be mass-produced and mass-sold, which isn't going to be happening any time soon.

With these polymers though (private interest for an idea I had some time ago) how accurately can you control their thresholds?

4. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

No, YOU ARE saying it would cost a lot to mass-produce...... and cost reduces along the time-line as components get cheaper/smaller. I never-ever said it wouldn't cost a fortune. I said I was surprised it hasn't ben investigated/ attempted.

Anyway by definition research is involved in "proof of concept" not a commercially viable product.

I know this as big companies apply to the EU for partner funding for a "Research Project" with a university. After the project ends the get a full research report which cost them nothing which the can bass any risk assesment reports on.

You said it was impossible....c'mon Jimmy admit to me its possible!!! :p

Last edited: Dec 12, 2002
  5. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

darn those physicsts :D
    -TkdWarrior-

6. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Nigh-on-impossible means very difficult, it doesn't mean impossible. I never said it was impossible, just very difficult.

7. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

He-he okay nearly impossible... but I think we've proved it's VERY possible!!

I know!!! You could try to build it to the best of YOUR abilities. Then if it fails I'll concede it's nigh-on impossible :D

8. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

I had a point, but I forgot it after all this talk of physics :p

Oh yes, I'm a recent beginner and so far I've learnt more punches than I've learnt kicks so I can't say that all I do is kick every lesson.

I've learnt the front snap kick, side kick and the turning kick.

and the punch, knife hand strike, back fist, and two I can't remember the names of, one was with a hand like the knife hand, but you used the side of the hand near the thumb, with the thumb tucked under. the other is the palm strike?

Also, my front snap kick is totally feeble could anyone give me some pointers on it? a different perspective is always helpful.