Lennox Lewis VS. tim sylvia

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by gracie22555, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracie22555

gracie22555 New Member

both in their prime who do you think would win a MMA match featuring UFC type rules?

2. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Gee, lets think about this. One is an MMA fighter, one is a boxer. Who is going to win an MMA match? :rolleyes:

3. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

actually, i would go with lennox just because sylvia really sucks at striking compared to him. this is kind of a pointless question though.

4. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Gracie, sweetie... stop posting such drivel.

:rolleyes:

5. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Kind of shocking, he specifically said in a MMA match. So obviously Sylvia would bring it to the ground and eithe submit or just pound him.

6. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

yea, but i've never seen tim on the ground, so i assumed he sucks and figured lewis could probably bring up his jiu jitsu/takedown defense well enough in the couple months before the fight...i'm actually pretty sure he wouldn't be able to, i just really don't like the idea of sylvia winning at anything :p

7. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Well at least your honest.

Sylvia probably isn't great on the ground, but considering the people he trains with he probably would be able to dominate any newcomer to mma.

8. Faminedynasty

Faminedynasty Valued Member

Ahahaha, I thought this was an announcement.
    Lewis by submission. Sylvia is that bad.

9. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

:D

10. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Ouch, Sylvia seems to have a few enemies.

11. Agutrot-

Agutrot- Jack of all Trades

I think Silvia would be able to outstrike him. Boxing with a pound of padding is different then those little 4oz. gloves. Silvia could also just kick, and clinch with him.

12. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

funniest post ever.
    you are saying that tim sivlia is capable of outstriking lennox lewis in his prime.
    you sir, are a comedic genius.

13. IrishStomp

IrishStomp Valued Member

Yeah, dude. Sylvia outstriking Lennox Lewis in his prime, come on man, let's be serious.

14. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

10 bucks says agutrot has never watched boxing and doesn't even know who lewis is :rolleyes:

15. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

Mate, most of the big MMA gyms practice boxing wearing big boxing gloves as part of their overall training, it's not as big a difference as you make out.

16. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Not entirely impossible, as striking in boxing is much different than in mma.

A good striker in mma would probably outstrike a great boxer simply because they wouldn't know how to defend against mma striking.

Of course Sylvia really isn't that good of a striker, so that likely wouldn't be the case here.

17. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

kicks and knees are the only things a boxer wouldn't be prepared to defend against. i would still bet on the boxer if you're talking strictly striking.

18. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Kicks and knees arn't exactly a small part of striking.

19. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

of course not. but hands are certainly more important.

20. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Bump^^ :Angel:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.