Leg locks in BJJ / MMA etc

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by Dead_pool, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Ive never checked, but I do know its next to useless against anyone bigger/stronger then you with a few years training under there (blue?) belt.

2. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Pro Trials - I guess they use different categories but both would combine brown and black... edit.

I mean the guys I know were in the pro trials and they have white, blue, purple, brown/black.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  3. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

from guard i would agree.
    but ive seen a brown belt mess with a purple belt and use it from back mount during a no-gi session.
    squeezing the feet up like a teepee crushing the kidneys with the adductors.

he just shrugged after and said "MMA?"

4. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Yep, slicers from brown, splits from white

5. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

i've seen ribs broken with that before =/

6. mattt

mattt Valued Member

I haven't. That is why I do BJJ, it is a lot safer as the players are soft southern shandy drinkers.

7. Kuniku

the guy didnt realise quite how effective it was, and had very powerful legs... bad times :3

8. Dead_pool

Its a very easy guard open from it thought, But then again that sort of thing isnt on youtube.

9. Dead_pool

You should try the northen monkeys sometimes, we have isotonic bitter during training, and then take pork scratchings mixed with milk for our protein shakes afterwards.

10. Kuniku

it wasn't even during ground fighting, it was a syllabus thing, we do techinque called scissors and naked choke, basically apply a RNC, take them down and then apply the body scissors from behind aaaand crunch >_< lol

11. Mangosteen

how?
    the only way you can get it on effectively is if the other guy bridges, otherwise its crossed-footlock central.

you can fill your stomach to fend it off for quite a while - im talking up to a minute so its really not that effective unless the person applying it is much stronger and you have an itsy bitsy diaphragm and let it come on.

also - great use of controlled drilling if their full force against no resistance mate!

12. Dead_pool

Nasty, If there was no resistence then the fault is with the guy with no control, Its a strange combination of moves, Standing RNC - then takedown - then Body scissors from behind, Is the body scissors to keep the position after an RNC is applied?

13. Mangosteen

back on topic -
    does this make IBJJF rules similar to the scramble comp rules with less fuss on reaping?

14. Kuniku

erm, its a standing RNC, force them down using your elbows into the clavicle then fall back so they roll between your legs, bring your legs up as if to grape vine, double heel kicks to the groin and then bring legs up to ribs cross feet over and extend legs upwards to crush the ribs while squeezing the RNC on, then release the body scissors kick out the opponents leg at the knee forcing them to roll off, follow the roll so you're on top and then finish with a neck break (obviously in training we dont ACTUALLY break the neck =p

I've not really thought about it overly, I shall ask my sensei, but I think the body scissors is a seperate technique in itself in a way...

and the guy that did it was quite a squat powerful fella, and as I said he didn't realise how powerfully legs can squeeze the ribs =/

15. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Would love to, but there is a snow balls chance in hell that I'm going up North anytime soon. Perhaps you chaps should come over here. Mr Geddes was in town not so long ago. He has some very nice skills.

16. PointyShinyBurn

PointyShinyBurn Valued Member

17. Mangosteen

... what did i just read?
    why are you learning assassinations? are you ninjas?

18. Kuniku

nope, just jujutsu ^_^

19. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Any RNC is potentially a neck break if you choose to use it as such

20. Dead_pool

Jikishin Jujitsu - [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuXb0TSkwP0"]Jujitsu Throws Part One - YouTube[/ame]