Leaving the Bujinkan

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Kikaku, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Shinkuri

Shinkuri New Member

I am arrogant because I stated that he didn't understand what Ben said.
    I guess.
    It is so much less arrogant to come onto a forum that has nothing to do with your martial arts style and bash and deride our training methods.

Taff's responses proves, without a shadow of a doubt, that he did not understand what Ben said. In fact he called the proper application of taijutsu insane.

And you call me arrogant. :rolleyes:
    I guess people see what they want to see.

2. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

You're right Taff did miss Ben's point but ;) I think I can see where Sonshu is coming from with his comment. Saying things like "it's beyond your comprehension" probably doesn't help the current situation and could be seen as been arrogant.

Last edited: May 11, 2006
  3. Shinkuri

Shinkuri New Member

You are right. I will alter my comment just a little bit.

"It is currently beyond his comprehension."

You never know what the future holds.
    Even though it is my opinion that Taff is not here to learn, but to stir up trouble.

4. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Take it from me, he won`t lose any sleep over it :bang:

5. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

The video is the intellectual property of Modern Knives Video Magazine, a joint venture of Pete Kautz and James A. Keating. And as I said, it's not just "about me", there's more stuff there than my own presentation:

(And of course, you can also purchase a single issue of your choice for far less than a subscription.)

And you want me to rip them off and send you a "bootleg" copy.

I'm devastated that you think less of me for honoring what I regard as both legal and moral commitments; but Ninpo is about enduring and surviving. I assure you that I'll find some way to survive the loss of your respect.

6. Connovar

Connovar Banned Banned

There is no infringement of copyright for allowing an individual to privately view a film as long as copies are not made and no money or other finacial gains are made in the process.

7. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

How does Dale know you will not make a copy of it, he doesn't personaly know you? Buy your own copy or see if any libraries near you have access to it.

8. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

Aye there's that; but your overall approach does not cause my heart to overflow with the spirit of philanthropy. If you want to see it, fine -- and you can pay Modern Knives for it like anyone else.

Or if you want to just go for secondhand opinions, you can ask (for example) James Keating, Pete Kautz, and COL Dwight McLemore what they thought of our presentation. ;) Their contact info, as I recall, is linked at the MK site.

9. Connovar

Connovar Banned Banned

Yes, we have established your excuses are invalid. We established you cannot or will not provide proof of alleged "alive" training. Furthermore we got a look at your true character in action. I think we are done here.

10. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

*** hears music in the background..followed by the words..Yesterday all my problems seemed...***

:)

11. Grimjack

Grimjack Dangerous but not serious

Well, I hope we are done here. But I know that in the future you will try to paint it as if Dale was trying to hide something. I doubt you will ask people like James Keating, Pete Kautz, etc that he mentioned. I am predicting it right now that you will try to spin this later on. We have seen your charecter in action.

12. Shau

Shau kurai okami

Connover, we could do the same of you. We could ask you to prove your system works. Send us free videos so we can judge for ourselves. What makes you so high and mighty that we have to prove things to you? What makes your opinion professional? I don't know Dale Seago personally, but I do respect him. Why? Is it cause he is a high rank in a system that I study? No. It's cause I've read a lot of his posts, and completely agree with what he has to say. He has come with the proof that you don't want to accept. Simple enough. You say he has lost your respect. Big whoop. It's not like any of us on here respect you. In fact I get a good giggle every time I read one of your posts. :woo: You can call me arrogant. I am arrogant. And shallow. And I will be the first to admit it. :eek: I hope you enjoy being the laughing stock of the rest of us here. :eek: :bang: :eek:

13. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Dale has provided no excuses. He has directed you to the "proof" you seek. Now, you want him to do all the work and research for you (yes, that is what you want) so you can have "something, for nothing"? Dale's credentials are public knowledge, and your's are? What? Who are you and why should he pander to you?

You want to see the proof, pay for the video like anybody else. Otherwise...... you are preaching to a bunch of people that are soon going to put you on ignore.

14. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

Connovar, you stepped on here with the wrong foot and just kept going...others who didn't see the way of others put forward their opinions in ways that were not offensive but quite constructive, and I think they got far with it. In fact I could dare say that many have actually learned from the food for thought.

You just seem to want to pick a fight. And I can tell you that, from experience, it achieves nothing.

Look at me, I don't agree with the way some of my fellow ninjutsu practitioners train, and have voiced it often, but you don't see me slagging them off, and you don't see them slagging me off. We discuss it. Not just point and say YOU suck and I don't. You on the other hand, are like a cow, chewing and rechewing the same old line.

You're done here? Thank christ for that!!! (Add trumpets here!) You don't like us..."BRAVO *claps loudly and over-enthusiastically* BRAVO"

Now, as someone once said to me on another forum a long time ago, (but not as polite) kindly take a long walk off a short pier, drown and die. Grow up. Get out, Give me a break... I've had enough.

"Bujinkan is dead. Bujinkan is flawed, Some schools train alive well I don't believe it...wonk wonk wonk..." you're like Charlie Brown's Bloody teacher...I really couldn't give a rat's **** what you think of our style, who trains alive, who doesn't and how much proof we can provide. I won't lose sleep because YOU don't believe me. People think I can't fight...great...coz thats just one more tick for me if push ever comes to shove.

If you don't like our style, great don't train in it...jesus, in the end, I work for my money, and as much as I recall, I didn't borrow any from you to pay for my classes, so shut up and drop it. Maybe you came from the Bujinkan...but then again, maybe you just really sucked at it, or maybe your specific teacher sucked at it, or maybe it just wasn't the system for you. Tell you the truth, I really don't care. Actually, if you dropped dead of a heart attack tomorrow I really don't care, so why would I care what you think we have established here and what we haven't...or did you think that the great Connovar would leave his mark in history on this forum... :rolleyes:

See I come on this forum to discuss MY martial art with my FELLOW MARTIAL ARTISTS that partake in MY martial arts. If I wanted to discuss martial arts in general or what OTHER martial artists from other systems thought of my system compared to their I'd be in the general martial arts section, but as you can see, I'm not, I'm in the ninjutsu section...so why the hell are you here? If you wanted to come on and share some theories, make some suggestions etc... like say, KempoFist, I'd have no problem. But you are clearly not. You are just here to make trouble.

Does it make you feel big and strong that you can walk around telling us how great you are and how crap we are? Or Does it empower you to think you are in some way bringing light to the masses of poor adult martial artists that live in the bujinkan shadows like a martial arts messiah? Get over yourself...if you want to discuss proof...what tells me that YOU are anyone worth listening to? Nothing.

So to paraphrase you:
    "Yes, we have established that your ability to offer constructive criticism is invalid. We established that you are a troll, a trouble maker and furthermore we got a look at your true character in action. I think YOU are done here.

Too bad, so sad, bye bye...

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2006
  15. snake_plisskin

snake_plisskin Valued Member

A little word from the Morning Star....

Fifty bucks will let you prove to them how right you are.
    Fifty bucks will let you be able to just make anything up you want, and feel even more lofty and superior than you already do.

Hell, I'd think the fifty bucks would be worth the ego massage alone--happy ending included with your chance to tell us all how you saw the video, and they're all still a bunch of non-resistant losers.

And that's what I don't understand.

Fifty dollars is all that stood in the way of your complete, total, and utter victory! And you refused--you gave up--you stopped!

Why?

You're on a singleminded crusade to stuff your opinion down their collective throats, by hook or by crook, and now, you're offered a chance--a chance in this world of free enterprise and nothing-for-nothing--to do what you have done very well: just declare it all rubbish no matter what your eyeballs see.

What I don't "get" is how you just ended your hate-filled crusade, how you suddenly decided that, for want of a few dollars, you'd stop uttering your angry protests, issuing your harsh invective, pouring forth your acidic words, your spiteful mudslinging and your obvious contempt.

Because you seem driven.
    You seem pushed.
    You seem pure.

You have a clarity of purpose most men lack.

You have a mission here, and it drives you.

You had such promise! Such promise in your heart. Such promise in your soul.

I hear you quietly muttering their names, assuring yourself how, if only you had the chance to meet some of them, you'd put them in their place, you'd put the hurt on their brains, you'd show them who's boss.

And you had the chance to do it, right here, right now.

This was your chance to finally CRUSH them.

You could have bought a copy and then authoritatively declared, from the luxury of sitting in a well-padded chair before a computer screen, how what you saw is not "alive". You'd have surely killed their opinions off for once and for all.

You'd have been heralded as a hero among your people.

You'd have put all those Bujinkan squares solidly in their place, shown them the error of their ways, intellectually squashed them into the sticky paste you've dreamed of turning them into for many, many troubled days and sleepless nights.

In short, for a mere fifty dollar effort on your part--less than ten hours' work for a minimum wage earner--you'd have been able to declare, no matter what is really on that DVD, that what you saw was anything you wanted it to be.

ANYTHING. YOU'D HAVE THE DVD, AND NO ONE COULD DISPUTE YOUR FINDINGS!

And your people would cheer you! The roar from them would be unbelievable. Pillars would shake, buildings tremble, and the faint of heart would stagger on their feet from the noise of so many throats declaring your superiority!

Even if God Himself were to appear on the DVD, using 'alive' taijutsu, you'd STILL declare for all the world that it's a load of "noncompliant, non-alive crap". You could go on to criticize God for being "not quite as omnipotent as I thought He'd be."

You're not just any man.
    You are a bitter zealot.

You are a True Believer.

And, for that, there is NOTHING on this Earth that could change, alter, or modify your opinion. NOTHING.

Truly I say to you: If God Himself came down from on high and said in a booming voice to you, "My child, the Bujinkan often practices 'alive' training!", you'd sneer and turn away, wondering just what taijutsu God was looking at, because what you saw sure wasn't what He saw.

And why wouldn't you?

You--you're fanatical.

You're a cup of venom, a chalice of poison.

I can practically see the dried spittle caking your lips, hear your voice rise to fever pitch, watch your temples bulge and redden with every word you type.

You're the homicide bomber of the boards, filled to bursting with a righteous, Puritanical drive to prove those heathens wrong, put them in their place. To humiliate, hurt, anger, shut down, shut up, and cause them pain.

Each of your posts, I can see your fingers slamming the keyboard, see your scrunched-up face, downturned grimace, your hyper-focused eyeballs, your set jaw, and your fists clenched in orgiastic lust to disprove anything and everything they say.

And yet, in a mind-boggling move, when you're finally offered that one thing that will ensure your total victory over them...you decline. Of course, that's because it's offered to you with one caveat: you want it, you must pay for it.

Never mind that whole "I see your character" thing.

Never mind the whole "it's easy to just mail me a copy" thing.

What you fail to tell the people reading is that, for all your words, you have also failed to note your gender/real age/real name/real location/real profession/real criminal record or lack thereof/real anything.

For all they know, you could be...

...Me.

Too bad your jihad had to stop for want of a measly fifty bucks. If it cost a thousand, or five hundred, or even two hundred, I could see your recalcitrance. But fifty?

You would let money stop the sweet taste of hatred? You would let mere money stop the most beautiful of all those things you have, which is your immense and unlimited pride?

Pay the man his money to prove you saw the tape, then use his willingness to show you how to get the information against him! It is the only way you have. It is my way. It is your way. It's the only way you've got....

--The Morning Star

Last edited: May 12, 2006
  16. snake_plisskin

snake_plisskin Valued Member

Um, just so no one in the actual Bujinkan gets any funny ideas, the previous post is supposed to be written as satire.

--Hissing to the Oldies

17. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

Holy crap that was funny.

18. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Dead right, all bow to bullshido members for their all powerful knowledge!!! :cry:

19. Grimjack

Grimjack Dangerous but not serious

Snake,
    How can you write so much so well?

Now let us hear the excuses from the other side about how we are (insert something nasty here) and we don't want to deal with the truth. Sure, we all have misjudged him and should not base what we think on his lack of facts about himself in his profile and yet expect that people send him valuable items in the mail on trust. :rolleyes:

20. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

Snake. nice to see you back!

Great post as always!

Its not even $50 because after he has viewed it, he can sell it on ebay for half the cost and therefore we could only be talking about $25.

:)

Last edited: May 12, 2006