Leaving the Bujinkan

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Kikaku, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Virus909

Virus909 Valued Member

I just said I didn't consider taking a smash in the face complicitly realism. You aren't making sense. At least debate points that I actually make rather than strawmen.

2. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

Hey Virus, which dojo do you hail from?

3. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

thanks for the vid. i'm downloading it now.

who was your shidoshi if you don't mind me asking

4. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

No i cant, but then why do i need to justify myself to a loser who leaves???

Ask my guys, they are on here, if you are too much of a girl to ask your uke to fight harder then thats your loss, dont blame everyone else for you not losing your noodle, i could not care less you have left, i just think your a girl the way you have gone about it!!

5. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Were you on about me getting a punch on the nose? we were both moving at the time, i wasnt quick enough, i got a punch, so what??

6. Venganza

Venganza New Member

Actually dude if thats what you are looking for then the people i train with have that. The club i am part of has been with the B.B.D. and is now part of the bujinkan. The people that i train with are experienced in full contact fighting and do not have any of this so called dead training. We mostly rely on instinct and not some sort of fixed pattern. We still engage in Kumite from time to time which is full contact.

7. xen

xen insanity by design

I'm watching this one unfold with a fresh coffee and a new pack of cigs :D

8. Venganza

Venganza New Member

It just sounds like you just want to put on gloves and box thats fine but thats more sport than anything. There is no real training anyone can do that. Oh and hello xen daz told me you would be on here at some point hows it hanging?.

9. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Its amazing, sometimes you get up and MAP fills your day!! :D

10. Virus909

Virus909 Valued Member

I do apologise, but I don't think it would be fair to name names. There is enough political strife going on with my ex-sensei as it is. I hope you can understand. I do still consdier the man one of my best friends.

11. xen

xen insanity by design

ded right, :rolleyes:

that's why i've been quiet lately.

if i read the posts it whiles away lunch quite nicely...

if i start posting, weeks drift by and i hardly notice :D

12. Venganza

Venganza New Member

Ah the life of a hobo

13. Virus909

Virus909 Valued Member

Yes anyone can put on gloves and beat on each other. If you are refering to boxing as an fighting system, no it takes a lot of training and is an precise art and science, not just swinging wildly. Sorry, if I misunderstood you but do you know what goes into even an amature boxer's training?

14. xen

xen insanity by design

very good dude, thanks, and you?

shame life got in the way at the begining of last year, i was enjoying dropping in on you guys for some extra fun and games.

say hi to si and your old boy for us :)

15. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

Man, that's cool, it's just that I'm a fellow aussie and was interested...I think Hatsie hails from Sydney like you if I am not mistaken.

Personally I understand you, mate. When I left Karate, I felt it wasn't for me. I felt it was no longer what I wanted from a martial art. BUt there still is a whole multitude of people out there that train in it and find it effective. I feel the same rule appies in any MA. I must agree, I miss the sparring I used to do so I make up for it with my other mates...so I can see where you are coming from. But dude, not all schools are the same. our school isn't like that...

I hope you are enjoying what you do now.
    All the best

16. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

that is pretty much what i thought it would be. alive= prancing around with gloves and a headguard, a bit of hugging and rolling around the ground.

that stuff is fine cardio work, but it is not like real combat.

take off the p.p.e and see how it changes all of a sudden. the hits will not be ignored in real life, this looks more like two guys who don't really want to hurt each other going for a trophy.

if this impresses you gou for it, i might stick with the bujinkan for now.

17. Venganza

Venganza New Member

yeah my mums boyfriend is a pro boxer but he still knows very little about actual fighting he is restricted to rules in the ring he might be physically fit and have a good punch but size and strength can only get you so far. For example if i put him in an arm lock which i have done he can not get out no matter how much he struggles.

18. Venganza

Venganza New Member

If its glory and points and maybe to be a champion in something is what you are after, thats fine its just not for me.

19. bomb_disneyland

bomb_disneyland New Member

His loss...

I've tried a few and this was the only one i've gone to with any regularity..

i think because it's slow and because uke is unresistant you can practice on getting the technique right at your own speed, rather than fist flailing sparring where you don't learn alot at lower grades apart from what it feels like to be a punch bag

from http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Garden/5560/essays.html

20. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

Pfffff.....typical. "Prancing", "hugging", "rolling around the ground". Ignore the truth all you want, but that is pretty close to what "real combat" (WTF?) looks like.