Law about Nunchaku in England

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Stingrae789, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Stingrae789

Stingrae789 Valued Member

Ok i just need to clarify what the law says in England, i moved here a year ago and i did a small search but i didnt find much anyone want to tell me what the rules are ?

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

As I understand it - In England it is legal to sell, buy and own Nunchaku if you are 18 years old or over.

It is, however, illegal to have in your possession in a public place unless locked away in a bag etc and not readilly available for use.

3. Stingrae789

i am 15, so i cant have them. well i didnt buy them my ex instructor gave me them :p sent them through my dads friends :D so i CAN carry them as long as i dont make it obvious and make sure they are not readily availible for use ?

4. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

At 15 you can carry them as long as you don't get caught!

I'm unsure about the legalisites of that at 15. Maybe one of our LEOs can comment.

Stan O'Kella???

5. INSTINKT

INSTINKT New Member

yeah i live in england n carry my nunchaku around with me most of the time i bought mine when i was 16 and last time i checked it is legal to carry them as long as they are in a lockable bag e.g. backpack i also read that you are aloud to practice in a public place as long as you arent somewhere where you can hurt someone and you must notify your local police to tell them that you will be practacing in a public place but im sure many places you cant use them at all............. prolly didnt make much sence pz

6. Stingrae789

lol i wouldnt ask the police about that sort of thing :D bit risky. I have had my nunchaku since i was 9 but i was in south africa (dont know what the law was?) and the cops saw me (i am sure, espeacially since i showed them after we were robbed. but probably thought it was a toy :D