Laura and Choson

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by MilanorTSW, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

At common law, assault requires unwanted touching (criminal law may vary by state, but we just had a huge riot and I don't think one of the willing participants pled to an assault), so a mutual fight doesn't quite fit the bill and becomes disorderly conduct. I'd explain more, but,(a) there was no threat made, and (b) wry solved the problem, thank you very much my dear :D

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  2. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Sorry all those silly little local laws and the Bill of rights have long been amended out of existence by things like the criminal justice act and European law, nice straw man though.

3. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

---------Just to quell this ongoing rumor re fq and jkz 'cause it's a waste of time whenever it's brought up--he did not threaten her in a thread,[he stated his assumption of the type of damage which would result to her if she held pads for him due to the size difference twixt the two of them].

Of course, you may choose to be skeptical on my providing this info as I do not have a video up of myself reading that thread. :D

4. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Actually that was the last in a series of bullying attempts by FQ against JK. So lets not paint FQ in any positive light. He has a nasty habit of bullying attempts on female members of the forum. When the tables were turned on him and he was invited to a friendly sparring match to demonstate the martial strengths of wushu by myself and Iron Dragon it was tears and snotters.

The Bear.

5. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

Links?

please :Angel:

6. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

PB-you read it as bullying.I didn't,and still don't.Refuting what I think is an untruth doesn't paint anyone in a positive light.It ain't accolades, y'know. Fq,and ID not meeting is irrelevant.(Too bad,though).

Hey,it isn't like I'm in the fan club or something.As I stated,I just think it's a waste of time. I don't think refusing to do a certain practice with another because you feel you would harm them is bullying.Boastful maybe, lame maybe...It's not like he said he couldn't do any two person work or he'd damage her.

As I am pretty computer/forum unsavvy ,perhaps you would kindly post the link for that thread as Thelistmaker asked of me?

If anybody gives a hoot they can read it and see what they think.Maybe I'm wrong.But I don't think so.And even someone so beloved as Fq shouldn't have accusations like that going around.

Hopefully,that's it.I don't wish to derail from the Chosen etc talk.

7. Dan Bowen

Dan Bowen Banned Banned

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate good advice about real Ninjutsu. Have a Happy New Year Bear! :Angel:

8. unfetteredmind

unfetteredmind Valued Member

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  9. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

I have realised where the skateboarding ninja thing came from. It was used in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. It looked like Genghis Khan on the skateboard form the said film. :D

10. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Context is everything and you'll have to follow the history. So I would suggest people read through the history of posts from FQ and gauge for themselves.
    JK was no victim in fact she stood strongly and took all he could throw.
    FQ is currently on his third ban he can defend himself when he returns.

The Bear.

11. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

I thought a 3rd ban was forever?

12. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

I have to agree he attacks people to much he trolls/baits people to say something than attacks them.

The thing is I think he does that to have people to talk to more than anything. I don't think he does it to challenge people. You know that is him, he likes to argue.

I thought the third ban was it to. I guess not.

13. IronDragon

IronDragon Banned Banned

Reading through that and looking at some of FQ's posts, it looks like he was trying to set up a challenge fight and bully people, which is illegal, I guess I'll have to call the authorities on him so he can get arrested and go to jail.

14. tedi-kuma

tedi-kuma Valued Member

Hi Guys

Just a thought this thread started off as the Laura and Choson thread then ended up as the Dan the Man show, mayde FQ just wanted in on the act. Needed some much craved attention! lol!

It all detracts from the message about proper honest training methods over internet based teachings.

Regards

Teddy Bear

15. Dan Bowen

Dan Bowen Banned Banned

Truth is truth. If you get truth form the internet it is still truth. I do beleive nothing can compare to personal traning with a Master. However if you are smart enough you can duplicate many techniques from watching the internet.

Many people have access to the internet and not Masters who they relate too. If people feel like they connect with Choson's Message and they are learning techniques why should you care about it? Is he stealing business away or teaching illegal techniques?
    He is simply sharing with people who want to learn.

Back to the point, I beleive any internet Dojo is simply a prerequisite for more serious training. What is the big deal if someone is sharing skills that could save someones life? People may claim" that stuff will get you killed!" Well if someone had no prior training any new technique, strategy or fighting option may be what saves their butt.

Like any Dojo You can see the moves being done, but until you have personally imprinted the movements into your muscle memory by repetition you will be living in a world of fantasy. :Angel:

16. Dan Bowen

Dan Bowen Banned Banned

Don't Forget Surf Ninjas! :Angel:

17. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

True. :D

18. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

This is interesting, if FQ is up for it I think it would make an interesting match for me being small and light (5ft4 and 9 stone) VS fire-quan.

I doubt I'll have that good odds but it would make an interesting match and be an excuse to do something new.

I don't intend to train over January so give me the 1st half to February to get back into shape and I'll be willing to do anything from holding pads to prove FQ can not break my shoulder, to full contact sparring.

Full contact is my preference, but if FQ is uncomfortable doing that we could go for some sort of point sparring or just grappling.

Edit: if he does break my shoulder I will make a public admission of his awesomeness and buy him dinner (after getting my shoulder seen too)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  19. tedi-kuma

tedi-kuma Valued Member

Hi Dan,

The internet can be the finest reference library in the world, but there is a lot of crap on it which has to be discarded, sadly most of what I have seen from Choson on the internet is below par teachings. Nothing beats drills for muscle memory and free play to understand how to apply the techniques learned. Other than that developing a indomitable spirit is essential on top of your training. In my opinion Choson has sadly taken the route to creating himself a ma cult, wrapping the whole thing up in mysticism and religion.

I suppose some people need something to believe in and be part of because they have difficulties with the reality of life, but please accept that what you do is not the real deal and do not continue in confusing what you do with it. If you truly enjoy what you do then carry on with it, but accept that it is fanciful roleplay at best.

Regards

Teddy Bear

20. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

Hello, Dan Bowen

He does not teach anything that could be done in a fight. You kick a sword from someone hands it would probably swing into and hit the person that kicked the sword. He is showing things to get in shape not to teach how to fight.

Fighting is something that requires people to assist you in seeing what lets say forward energy is and structure is. A punch or a kick is not a move that needs much teaching if you are not using it on someone or something. Any body any where knows that from birth how to kick and punch.

When you kick to move something is different than when you kick to do a healthy amount of movement. That is why some of the people on here have issue with what he is saying (Choson Ninja), he suggest that this will help you be a ninja or a fighter. When to be that you need to learn how to focus. How to developed focus. Any one from birth can kick, but not anyone can create the focus to do the move in a fight.

It is impossible to teach even a technique over the internet, unless you have like owe some years with that technique already having that move in your body memory system. Or you are very advanced in martial arts already, which in that case why study from someone on the internet.

Most of those people with videos out on youtube are reaching out to other people that are as advanced as they are in the same art most of the time. That is my take on the videos.

Also you want to know more info about the Kuji Kuri hand signs right. They originally come from India and are called Bhandas or Mudras. There are about 300 known Mudras. Bhandas means sealing or closing or locking, it relates to breath as well. Though the system used in Japan comes from Shingon Buddhism, in a temple in Java they have Buddhas statues using certain mudras, that might be a start point for you.

There are many sights out there for those.
    Like: www.kundaliniyoga.org/mudras.html
    If it is still up not sure. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.