Laura and Choson

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by MilanorTSW, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

and for the record, a fight isn't "assault" if it's mutually entered into andboth parties bitch up and call the cops, you interweb lawyer. sit down and stop trolling, since that isn't what ID was doing. As a matter of fact, the OP is the first one to mention anything about a fight:

This:

Was in response to this, a suggestion made by the OP in post #344 http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1365183&postcount=444:

unless and until you get your law degree or become a fully licensed LEO, stop trolling, little man. that hardly qualifies as a threat. go away and stop adding trouble to an already stupid thread.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  2. IronDragon

IronDragon Banned Banned

Someone who falsely claims to be a US Marine, is not tolerated by the Corps, nor the US Government, it is not only dishonorable, it's against the law, thus people do track down those who make such claims and deal with them.
    So, FQ, quit trolling and shut your trap as you obviously know absolutely nothing about what's going on and are speaking from extreme ignorance.

But, if you also look at Dan's post and mine, it was clear no such would happen as he manned up and admitted his mistake, so he needed no fear, of legal or other, repercussion.
    Again, your purpose was to troll and incite conflict when you have no knowledge of US law, and thus by your behavior you show you're an ignorant old fool. :)

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

His video thread was shut at the time :rolleyes:

4. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Well, actually, here, and I'm sure it's the same in the United States, and it certainly is in China, people can not lawfully "agree" to have an illegal fight. You can't lawfully "agree" to waive statutes, and yes, it would be assault, actually, and also conspiracy, and illegal boxing.

5. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

No, actually, my purpose is to promote one of the vlause that as a martial artist and teacher in the past I promoted and promote - which is that the first line of self defence is to not contribute to a violent society. You're very fond of issuing the challenges, so that's why I specifically pull you on it. I might be old, and I might be ignorant, but I don't threaten people, or incite them in to taking part in illegal fights - but you do. Really, that's against the TOS but you never get pulle don it. It's also against the law in this country.

As for my knowledge of US law, it's not legal, as far as I know, to just have a fight - and I guess the people in the famous Bulshido video know that that, because they mention going to jail lol.

Yes, it can be illegal to impersonate someone in the armed forces, but that wouldn't extend to saying you'd joined the Marines when you hadn't, unless you used it to commit some illegal act. However, incitement to have an illegal fight is a crime, and I've seen you do it a couple of times now.

6. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

You know what I see? I see an internet bully, picking on Dan... and the more crazy things Dan says, the more you should be aware of how you are handling him. If he's as nuts you think, well then you're just getting jollies hounding a mentally ill person, aren't you? Nice one.

7. IronDragon

IronDragon Banned Banned

Where was a fight mentioned?
    He mentioned people hunting him down, and I said he didn't need to fear any such thing. There was no mention of illegal fighting, grow some inteligence if you can and quit trying to cause trouble.
    So, you're further trolling and inciting conflict by your trolling attempts and complete ignorance, which is against ToS

8. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

A fight? Well, hounding people to "man up" is your thing... not that you even put up a video fo yourself to prove you're any better than anyone else, lol.

Well, there's a lot of things against the TOS - like hounding other members, inciting illegal activity, asking for illegal fight meet ups... Insulting others... Notice how often I insult people and call them names, or stupid, or say I'm gonna kick their ass? It's like, zero, ID.

I think Dan's ok.. he's in to his thing, he's contrite over what he's said in the past. Seems like the classy thing to do is to give him a chance. And the mor eyou think he's a bit off the edge, the more you should behave maturely and offer a mature response to him.

9. IronDragon

IronDragon Banned Banned

I suppose your remark that you'll break a woman's arm with a kick, or was it kill her, isn't illegal?
    Sounds like a very specific threat, and towards a woman at that big man, must make you feel good.
    Please, post a link to the laws being broken and the issue of challenging being illegal please if you will, this is the first it's ever been mentioned by anyone on any forum anywhere, let alone challenges that are issued in public by people daily.

And if you read my post, I said he did the respectable and honorable thing so there was no need to carry on any further, and wished him well.
    You're trying to incite conflict and cause fights/arguments by your ignorance and your attempt at causing problems, which many people here have seen and know about, so man up and grow up, or stay out of somethng that doesn't involve you and you know nothiong about.

10. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Nope. The law still stands regardless of what laws are in place to stop this from happening. It is still held as law by the courts in Halifax. It it is a genuine grievance by the courts it can be fought until death on the steps of piece hall on a sunday.

11. IronDragon

IronDragon Banned Banned

Fire Quan, if you read the posts in this thread, the only person making a challenge to fight was Dan Bowen himself, as seen by the posts detailing that, he made ammends for such and that's done and over with.

Nowhere did I issue a challenge for a fight, make arrangements to meet somewhere to fight, or say I was going to fight him in any way nor have I done the same to anyone else, I have asked people to meet up and discuss things in person as face to face conveys meaning better than written word, which is not very conductive to true understanding, so all you are doing is attempting to incite conflict and cause problems, which is against ToS.

12. Moi

........and more than a little tiresome

13. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Well, she's only over the taiji forum - why don't you ask her if that's true? There's a lot of good things I can say about JK - she's very noble, highly intelligent, articulate, moral, dedicated to improvimg CMA - and as far as I know, she's never told a lie in the things she's said here... so we can trust her. So let's aske her, lol... What I actually said as that she's too small to hold a pad for me without getting hurt if I hit it full contact. But obviously, all your so called honour doesn't extend as far as JK's does, as in telling the truth. Why would I ever threaten JK - I really like her. I'd like to go and train with her, only, she thinks I'm evil.

You're not serious, right? You do know that you can't just have a real fight? And you did issue a formal challenge to me, right? That's called incitement to an assault, and conspiracy to arrange an illegal fight. You do know that that's illegal, right? Ignorance of the law isn't an excuse, lol. Besides, it's just childish, moronic, egotistical and stupid. What do you wan to do, beat me and Dan for saying things you don't like?

Not that I'm really bothered... it's more this kind of thing... where you've got Dan like alittle kid in the play ground, surrounded, all good sport, making yourself look big and strong pointing at him, houndign him... It's horrible, ID. You're a big bully... you thought you'd bully me, and now you're bullying Dan.

Did you just imply that I should have a fight with you? Is that what you mean by man up? You know, you should be banned for that... It's just that kind of thing that should be stamped off this forum - my opinion doesn't depend on whether you can beat me up or not. We call it "intimidating the argument".

14. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Lol... you're joking right? Just by passing a law, Parliament automatically abbrogates and repeals all contrary laws in the land unless a court judges it unconstitutional or illegal. You should really go and check, befor eyou decide to fight someone to death in Halifax, lol.

Man - funny...

15. Moi

What would have happened when one of Dan's delusional students had hurt themselves badly twirling their weapons?
    He needed to be stopped, he needs proper training as do his students.
    Hopefully everyone will come out of this for the better.

16. Moi

He's on the naughty step with Lily. She'll kill him

17. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

And I guess you have a PhD in local law or something? Also the law you may think is illegal to still use a longbow for the defence of the realm or the useage of sword carrying is illegal even though it is written in the core parts of the British constitution that it is legal to carry a sword as it is a religious symbol for the Church.

If you ever get to look up laws that date back to the medieval period up to the 20th century, many still exist but there are many now that are amended.

Go back under your bridge and catch goats. If you do not know what you are talking about, do everyone a favour and shut up.

18. Moi

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showbans.php?

19. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Actually Iron Dragon didn't issue a challenge, he offered to meet for a friendly match to demonstrate traditional kung fu.
    <removed by the bear> I realised WryDolphin have saved the day once again!!!

The Bear.

20. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

I don't but I would ask on the Ninjutsu forum there is most likey a person there that could help.

The Bear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.