Lau Gar Video Thread

Discussion in 'Kung Fu Resources' started by Banditshaw, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I'm not arguing ,I'm just pointing out the tos. I don't see why Adinho should have an issue with posting his experience on the main board.

2. herbert

herbert Valued Member

You walked into a big one there!!!

But i'll let it go. ;)

3. Bassmonkey

Bassmonkey Formerly Cobalt60

ha ha, yeah on reflection and re-reading that.....lets just say someone else got to my keyoard? :D

4. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I can see the point with the DVD thing really, that you shouldn't be learning from them. I can also see that they are quite handy to have as a point of reference,but surely it is better to refer to a teacher than a dvd? Yes it would be interesting to see, but I wouldn't be prepared to pay that for a dvd really.

5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

5 minutes on the "can of worms opening thread" step for you my lad! ;)

6. Bassmonkey

Bassmonkey Formerly Cobalt60

Yes Su, sorry Su. :(

:D

I kind of meant to say what you said.....just erm...well...didnt.

7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I didn't see your post till I had posted my post :D

8. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Thread re-opened.

The debate about Lau Gar in general has been moved here.

I placed this video thread in the Resources section so it could be just that,a resource and discussion about Lau Gar VIDEOS. The general debate now happens at the above thread.Any continuation of that discussion here will be removed.

9. Tartovski

Tartovski Valued Member

Ok then, can I ask on this thread if LGF was ever given a reason that he can't post full video's of the BKFA forms on the 'net?

and secondly to that - is he now going to post up edited versions? Since the BKFA is the main teacher of Lau Gar in this country, it seems a shame that we can't discuss video's of it because there aren't any!
    Well, apart from the ones here we've already covered:

http://www.nccma.co.uk/videos.htm

10. laugarfist

laugarfist New Member Supporter

I'll answer any way and Su can beat me later.

I like to check with people if they are happy for me to post clips of them. Some weren't so I took them down (should have checked first) and didn't post the others.

Yes I might be able to do some very short clips when I have the time.

11. Tartovski

Tartovski Valued Member

me too, get in line! ;)

Ah right. your earlier post of "I try to avoid politics" made it sound like it was a political reason for taking them down, not that individuals had objected. Anyway, be great to see whatever you can post up.
    [/QUOTE]

12. laugarfist

laugarfist New Member Supporter

sloppy English on my part.

13. Tartovski

Tartovski Valued Member

Canton Lau Gar video

Another mainland video here:

5 animal form.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EuCH1AKV6s"]Lau Gar, 5 animals form (Ng Ying Luen) - YouTube[/ame]

Does it look like the UK Lau Gar 5 animals one?

14. Tartovski

Tartovski Valued Member

Oh, and some random BKFA dude:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIX8GohqAr0"]YouTube[/ame]

Look closely, you'll see Lau Gar!

15. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Ahhhh that's Shaolin Pav aka Mr Brightside who got banned recently for multiple accounts! He trains with the BKFA in Birmingham.

16. Tartovski

Tartovski Valued Member

Oh, right! blimey. small world!
    shame he didn't put up full vids.

Speaking of which: Laugarfist, you ever hear back about reposting your vids?

17. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Aye! I warned and warned him, nice young kid and obviously really into training.
    Thoughts on the forms you saw Tart? I think the main difference between the way we do it is our stances tend to be longer and lower, and Finger movement of the Dragon is done way more slowly in our place.

18. Tartovski

Tartovski Valued Member

Have you been copying us? ;)
    That is pretty much my thoughts. The FMOTD form in that clip looks "choppy" to me, we do as one flowing movement.

19. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Ha ha :D Perhaps we have!

Yep we do too, we do it very slowly and the amount of time I have had to spend making it flowing.

20. Tartovski

Tartovski Valued Member

other thing we do is pause when we pull our guard in on Far Kuen before exploding out into the bridgehands/rolling punch combo. He seems to bounce.