Lau Gar Video Thread

Discussion in 'Kung Fu Resources' started by Banditshaw, Jun 5, 2007.

1. laugarfist

laugarfist New Member Supporter

"Seriously though,is it only seen by the Guardians and high ranking BKFA people?"

No, you can learn it at any time.

"I'm just not quite understanding why it has been added to Lau Gar tbh and agree with Bandit in that to take a form from another style more or less wholesale without studying the other style just seems a bit odd tbh."

Not nessesarily added to Lau Gar. I actually said: "That is the Tiger Crane form that we do in the BKFA and while not on the Lau Gar syllabus is still taught and known (at least some what) by most of the guardians and higher grades."

It is the British Kung Fu Association, not the British Lau Gar Association so it figures we do more than just Lau Gar. As I have also said it is not the Hung family version of Tiger Crane.

Lauguardian probably knows more about it than I tbh.

2. Banditshaw

Banditshaw El Bandido

Well I also find it amusing that on the Lau Gar Video thread someone posts another styles form. Where are the Lau Gar forms? It's becoming apparent that no one wants to post them.
    Speaking for myself, I'm not intending to slam anyones style or form. I am just curious to see some quality UK Lau Gar clips to get an overall gist of the style.

3. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I inadvertently started a whole new debate, oops! :eek: But yeah, I would rather this was kept to Lau Gar forms tbh .

4. Banditshaw

Banditshaw El Bandido

It's allright Su, as long as you can corral us back to the stable when we go too far out to pasture......

5. Jamesm

Jamesm Outraged

This, to me is a very moot point that probably needs a proper debate in the lau gar lineage thread.

6. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Go on then Mr M! Or maybe we should start a Lau Gar Moot Point thread! :p

7. Jamesm

Jamesm Outraged

I think it would blow the MAP server!

8. Qasim

Qasim Valued Member

Ok, humor the CMA newbie, what is UK Lau Gar?

9. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

There's a thread on it somewhere in the Kung Fu forum.:) In fact, there are many many threads on it in the kf forum :D

10. Qasim

Qasim Valued Member

Show me, show me!

BTW you're signature line shows that you've never been to Korea during Monsoon season. :D

11. Bassmonkey

Bassmonkey Formerly Cobalt60

Have found these, pretty sure they havent been posted as yet..... im shamed to say they look sloppy: (and its not my club by the way)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZMrDqLMbSs"]YouTube[/ame]

This is the same guy and club but has: Far Kuin, Fai Loong Gee, Lau Gar Luk Hup Kuin, Bac Pye Jurn:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zJgvtsv9lc"]YouTube[/ame]

I have not yet seen these done in person (small class) but they all seem to lack.....well energy to them!

The guy seems to take more time with these. according to the description its all for a training dvd!!! :confused: :bang: :confused: :bang:

12. laugarfist

I've seen these before and each time words just fail me to describe how bad they are.

I would say no offence meant (and it isn't) but I'm sure someone will take it.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2007
  13. Cathain

Cathain Lily Lau Gar

Yep, these videos have done the rounds before.
    I can only really comment on the Kay Boon Sau Fa, but it looks poor even by my standards. The atmospheric background music doesn't manage to lend it anymore cred.

14. jmd161

jmd161 Hak Fu Mun

I really don't know what to say of those video clips...

jeff:)

15. Banditshaw

Banditshaw El Bandido

The very reason why YOUTUBE is a blessing and a curse at the same time.

The instructors of those students should be whipped repeatedly for letting them post those examples. :(

16. laugarfist

I think those clips were of the instructors...

17. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Ah yeah they have been posted loads and discussed loads before ,they really aren't good examples and yes I believe they are mainly the instructor. :(

18. Banditshaw

Banditshaw El Bandido

LOL At first glance the guy doing the form looks like the guy in the Office Tv Series.....

19. Qasim

Qasim Valued Member

Sure you do, just say it!!! :D

20. Bassmonkey

Bassmonkey Formerly Cobalt60

Does the man know no shame!!!!!!