latest Dave Tate T-Nation article

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Maverick, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Maverick

Maverick New Member

In Tate Talks Hypertrophy Part 1, he says this;

Now I thought we debunked the myth that you can work on 'peaks' of muscle years ago? As far as I'm concerned the whole muscle grows as a unit, but it's thickest in the middle, giving the bicep 'peak' and other similiar looks.

Anyone shed any light on this?

2. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I was wondering when something was going to come up on this. I've actually heard from many people about the thickness of the lower part of the triceps on Westside PLers. My personal opinion is that it's the hypertrophy of the supporting structures (tendons do grow, just VERY slowly, not very much and it takes a lot of volume) and the smaller muscles around the joint eg. the muscles of the forearm that join around the base of the humerus can make your bicep/tricep look bigger. Same goes for the legs, but I think that's got more to do with overall size than just having more mass around the knee.

3. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

^ Thats probably right.

The main problem with people is when they focus too much on quality before substance. They want to work individual parts of the bicep before they even have noticable biceps.