Lapunti Arnis De Abanico

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by moromoro, Apr 22, 2003.

1. moromoro

moromoro New Member

HI GUYS

DO ANY of you know who practices this in the UK??

thanks

terry

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I did some of this with a guy called Simon Wells a few years back. enjoyed it - seems liek a very good system. Last I heard Simon wasn't teaching though - a real shame.

3. moromoro

moromoro New Member

from my copies of MAI magazine of the early to mid 90's it sounded like lapunti was the most popular stlye there in the UK. i know that harvey and omalley use to train in it. But i was wondering if there are any clubs lapunti in the UK at the moment?

4. YODA

Pat & John got their Lapunti through Simon I think.

I'm teaching on a seminar in August where John is also teaching - I'll ask him then if you still want info by then.

You thinking of coming for a visit?

5. moromoro

moromoro New Member

maybe late next year, i have not decided on a date for a holiday on the uk....
    just interested on whos teaching lapunti because i picked up a whole bunch of MAI mags from 1993-1995 and lapunti seemed to be the most popular at the time

thanks yoda

terry

6. YODA

Give me a shout when you know when you're coming over - it would be great to do some stick bashing together :D

7. moromoro

moromoro New Member

yeah will do

thanks yoda

terry

8. Lee

Lee New Member

Hi Terry! There are very few people teaching Lapunti in the UK.Simon Wells was,i believe,the first and most proficient teacher but,as was said before,i dont think he is teaching anymore.
    I was fortunate enough to train with this highly skilled and respected man and his enthusiasm for Lapunti was infectious.

9. YODA

Welcome to MAP Lee - Simon's descision to stop teaching was a real blow for FMA in this country :(

10. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Hi Terry,

I would say that at the moment the most practiced systems are (in no particular order):

Doce Pares Eskrima
    Warriors Eskrima
    Inosanto/Lacoste Blend

There are other systems being taught, but I think those three are the most popular.

Bill