Kyokushin or MMA?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by yingyangzen, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

If y'all did TKD you'd just spin kick fast enough to hover and not even need a stand up game, you'd have a hovering game!

Mitch :D

2. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Good points Simon.

Personally the last place I want to be in a fight is on the ground, because if I'm wrestling around with someone who's trying their best to hurt me, by entering that range I'm now allowing them possible access to all of the tools on my duty belt (e.g. OC spray, baton, knife, handgun, handcuffs). For me, my training for that range (though albeit lacking) consists of trying to escape and get back onto my feet so I can regain control of the situation. Not to mention, rolling around while wearing all that stuff is not fun for me. I know simple takedowns and holds/locks from a standing perspective, but if I'm on the ground too my goal is to get the heck off of there as quickly as possible. Hence why I respect and understand the need for groundfighting, but would not consider it a part of my primary strategy. I see it more as an "oh crud" backup plan.

3. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

So has it just been a pre-emptive strike from some of the grapplers in this thread? I haven't noticed any strikers getting cagey.

The thing about that Krav video, to my mind, is it appears to be training people (in that clip in particular, not speaking about KM in general) to fight in a unit and to take orders. You're told what your target is and only unconsciousness or death will stop you from dropping that target, ignoring all else.

Great tactics if you're in a group taking orders (great tactics from the point of view of whoever you're fighting on behalf of, anyway).

There did not appear to be much self-preservation in it.

One of many reasons why I'd never consider joining the military, I couldn't deal with someone else deciding how much risk my life should be put under, or how I should act or what I should do in a life-threatening situation.

Oh yeah, that and every war veteran I've ever met has thoroughly convinced me that war is not a psychologically healthy experience, and something to be avoided at all costs, preferably by thousands of miles.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  4. roninmaster

roninmaster be like water

I detest Krav Maga.

too much rbsd groin strike nonsense. I'm more partial to the army combatives, Russian Sambo approach. become a better fighter by fighting. not extreme larping. but now i'm showing my college angst. :D

5. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

I'm not going to defend KM, but didn't that statement just dismiss the training methods of pretty much every military and emergency service in the world?

How do you differentiate between LARP and real?

6. yingyangzen

yingyangzen Valued Member

This is incredible...Check this out...now I never imagine Chi being able to be used in the way this man can do it...in fact...It's amazing what the human body can do...

Chi....is real. I think you guys will appreciate this if you havent already seen it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MC6DC8X5wA"]Chi Energy Documentary - Proof of Chi - YouTube[/ame]

7. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

you are a trolling for the sake of trolling.

8. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

He is just became too obvious! :p

9. yingyangzen

Listen lololol I know Im trolling and If i had to guess who was gunna call me out it was gunna be 1888 or Hannibal lolol but you gotta admit that video is pretty legit =p

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

See ya.

11. yingyangzen

You know as a College student I do they exact same thing in class, I know a lot more than I show obviously...But as a student of life and martial arts..I must ask questions..we all should..I cant tell you how many times in class people have looked at me like this = 0 lolololol but I kid you not it pays off with a 4.0 = ) No question is ever stupid..as far as the video goes that was on purpose, I guess for conversation purposes..Friendly chit chat...

But then there are some of us on here who I feel really lack in personality or something, ok so what if someone is trolling? Why cant we find the humor in things? Just sayin...I think some of us need to Meditate and relax = ) and not be so harsh about things.

12. yingyangzen

@PASmith, DEUCES!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  13. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

There's at least one person yeah.

14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

And what's that in English please?

15. yingyangzen

you dont know what deuces means? that is english bro..

16. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

As far as I know it's something to do with playing cards. The number 2 cards maybe?
    I literally have no idea why you would say that to me over the internet.

17. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

If this thread has served its purpose please move on. Don't troll it with videos or treat it like IM. If you want to troll I'd suggest that MAP isn't the place for you.

Mitch

18. yingyangzen

OK, let me try to help you with that then...on the street when someone didnt like you or had something against you for whatever the reason is and said they were leaving, you would reply Deuces, because what does the number 2 represent? Peace.. In simple terms you said "see ya" I said "see ya" right back to you... Just in a different way. You follow?

19. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Let's leave the chit chat alone and get back on topic please.

20. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Because (a) it breaches the ToS you agreed to and (b) there are enough people out there we have a hard enough time with explaining reality without wasting time on complete nobs