Kyokushin Kai in Mumbai, India??

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Prads, May 26, 2004.

1. Prads

Prads New Member

Hello!

I was a karateka in Kyokushin Guwahati, India. I've now moved to Mumbai (Bombay) and want to continue my training in this style. Can anybody tell me if Kyokushin has a centre in Mumbai?

Thanks!

PS: This forum is great!

2. Cain

Cain New Member

Nice to have you on the forums Prads, I'm in Bombay, or more precisely - Thane ;)

I'm afraid I am not aware of any kyokushin schools in Bombay but if I may I have found a link to a muay thai school just a few days ago, the training's supposedly just as hard though I myself have to go and check out the school on 31st or the 1st. Other schools I am aware of are shotokan, Judo and Taekwondo if your interested........

Oh and here's the link to the MT school, also has kempo karate.

http://www.filipinomag.com/Directory/Asia/india.html

|Cain|

3. Prads

Prads New Member

Hi Cain! I'm in Vasai which technically comes under Thane as well. :) But it's so close to Mumbai anyway.

I've been searching for Kyokushin for quite a long time now. I once had some communication with Sensei Mehul Vora of Neko Do system and he said that Kyokushin is his fav style and he can teach me. But I'm really keen at joining Kyokushin Kai. Haven't thought much about Muay Thai though. BTW, what do you practise?

4. janz

janz New Member

Hello

Kyokushin Fellows:

I am a Kyokushin student from Pakistan.
    I love this style and happy to see if other members from my side that is:

KYOKUSHINKAIKAN

You may check this site Prads:
    India is listed in this website as a member of Kyokushin Society.
    It may help you find a Kyokushin Club..

RegardZ

5. Cain

Cain New Member

Great! I am currently studying shotokan for 4 years though I am looking for a change, I'll let you know if I come across any info on kyokushin schools. Muay Thai is a great art, you might want to check out the muay thai forums for more info on it, they train hard, the conditioning is heavy and so is the sparring, similar to the kyokushin mentality from what I've heard ;)

|Cain|

6. Cain

Cain New Member

Uh......seems you are having problems posting the link?

|Cain|

7. janz

janz New Member

Yes Cain!

The hyperlink was: Kyokushin Mail

Thanx for Kurrection..

RegardZ

8. Prads

Prads New Member

Thanks Cain! I appreciate your help. I have seen a few Muay Thai programmes on Discovery and Nat Geo and the sparring looks HARD. Especially since they are free to use their knees and elbows, which can be dangerous. I think I'll check out the Muay Thai forums to find out more.

Hey Janz! Thanks for the info. I've already checked out that website but it seems they don't have a centre in Bombay. :(