Kwappo

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Jim, Aug 18, 2002.

1. Jim

Jim New Member

In our system we teach a style of accupressure called Kwappo at the higher grades. I've found this to be very effective with nose bleeds and most especially with groin injuries.

Does anyone else have Kwappo / massage / accupressure in their curriculum?

2. Spirit Reaper

Spirit Reaper New Member

where in gods name do you learn this stuff?!??!?!?!

i wanna learn something like this...

3. Jim

Jim New Member

Ummm, where are you?

There are plenty of 'alternate healing' courses around at the moment and even online you can find various sites. Look under accupressure or kappo. Also try books under the same topic.

If all else fails, ask your instructor :D

4. Spirit Reaper

Spirit Reaper New Member

hey Jim, thanks alot, but unfortunatly i have NO instructer,

BECAUSE I LIKE IN ALASKA!!!! god im telling you theres no good classes up here, but im in love with martial arts, so i will absorb as much knowledge as i can.

thanks again jim

5. Spirit Reaper

Spirit Reaper New Member

is it true that improper usage of these skills can KILL someone????

6. Jim

Jim New Member

Depends on which skills and the person.

It'd be worthwhile to do a search through the MAP database because I'm pretty sure that there are some members who are also from Alaska on here.

7. Cal_JJ

Cal_JJ New Member

Hi guys,

re: Does anyone else have Kuappo/ message/ accupressor in their curriculum"

The Danzan Ryu school that I attend trains in Okazaki restoration message on a regular basis. The Kilohana group that we are associated with has Kuappo practices in their higher ranks handbook. As for accupressure, we practice it on a regular basis, most frequently w/ youth students who have problems w/ headachs, nose bleeds, overheating, etc.

I would sure like to hear other MApers techniques and applications on this topic.

.....................................> Later

8. Jim

Jim New Member

Hey, David, I was going to contact your School in Las Vagas about 4 years ago but some things came up. I think that your style and ours are pretty compatable. I'll try to catch you online sometime and we can chat.

9. Cal_JJ

Cal_JJ New Member

That would be great Jim, I'll look forward to it.