Kung Jung Mu Sul Video

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Out-to-Lunch, May 23, 2007.

1. Out-to-Lunch

Out-to-Lunch Valued Member

2. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

Soo, Tae Yang has been around a long time. the clip of 1970 is actually of the mid 80's, i've seen the original unedited tape (not a copy). he has some skill but he is among the many who simply try to copy Kuk Sa Nim and WKSA. The fact that he displays a vid with a date that is around 15 years earlier leads me to believe that he is attempting to infer that he was that rank/level back then. Obviously an attempt to mislead in order to bolster his credibility. Very typical among the TKMA "grandmaster" crowd.

3. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

IMO, Those guys doing the sword form put alot of effort into all the fancy moves and not much into basic cuts.

4. Out-to-Lunch

Thanks for the info...

5. Fu_Ling_Yoo

Fu_Ling_Yoo Valued Member

Ive always find it funny that all these Masters, Grandmasters, and Supreme Grandmasters only demostrate 3rd dahn or lower techniques.

6. Out-to-Lunch

maybe cause the 4th and 5th dan stuff needs to constitute there 7th and 8th dan stuff and is only for their members lmao :D

7. swntzu

swntzu has left MAP for a bit

Speaking of random GMs, does anyone know anything about "Great Grandmaster" Tae Yun Kim?

I recently read a really ropey article of hers in TKD Times and did a bit of googling for her. Seems like she's the head of an MA cult. :S

There's a really funny BB grading on youtube. Sheer BS...

8. Out-to-Lunch

Yes indeed she is a cult leader...she also rund Light House communications or somthing...

9. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

I've heard some pretty funny stories about her. Apparantly she really likes her senior male students, if you get my drift.

10. Out-to-Lunch

11. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

Old Moo Duk Kwan TKD is almost indistinguisable from MDK TSD when it comes to forms.

She's a very charismatic person. there is a short leap from that and a cult leader.

VERY good observation!!

12. Out-to-Lunch

Alas the MDK TKD evil twin had almost escaped my memory...

13. swntzu

swntzu has left MAP for a bit

Hehe. So I gather from our friends at Bullshido. :p

14. MMACBlackBelt

MMACBlackBelt Valued Member

Two thing really stood out in my mind at 6:02 in the video the board looked like it was already cut on the back side. The bottle breaking was also a cheap trick filling the bottle with water and breaking out the bottom- I have seen people who never trained in MA be able to do this trick.

15. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  16. Out-to-Lunch

17. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

1) my teacher has more skill in his yeop chagi than anybody you surround yourself with, choiyongwoo. you know this. say he has 'some skill' to his face when we visit our florida school
    2) kidosool, i havent the slightest idea how a demo of tu sal beop(muscle twisting) would impress an audience, but maybe future masters can. cupping and blood letting would be an equally strange public demo.
    3) dk. man o man when i told my teacher about what you said he laughed. what did you tell him? i dont think so. why dont you tell him 'again'? if you are still bitter about your experience with him or your time with mu chang i dont know, but that article was about kim mok yang, and you should keep your comments on subject

18. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

you know j, another long time student tipped me off to these threads. it what you said that baited me. its the comments of 'masters' who experienced my teacher. if i had any qualm with master murphy or mastee seo, i would take it to their ears... like a gentleman. no, what you see here is cowardice in all its integrity. how would their teacher feel if he got wind of their public statements? yea eui: its the first thing on the syllabus, and also the last.

19. KJMS

KJMS Valued Member

Yes he has...as you mention mid 80's,Master Yang was already at the rank of 7th dan.And your rank were?barely approaching blue or red.
    Copy WKSA?they were the first generation that shape and form the foundation of Kuk Sool,just as the second and third generation kuk Sool masters of today.
    Don't think for one second that you're not expendable Young Choi,take a good look around you,as so many whom contributed to "won" past and present seems to drop off the map.
    Choiyoungwoo:" he has some skill" Ptttt!! I've recently seen your skills...ain't chit changed in over 25 years.....

20. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

:topic: OFF-TOPIC :topic:

I have to break in and add my 2ยข, as I think some of you making new posts to this thread may be mistaken as to the identity of a certain MAP member...

These statements make me think you might believe the MAPer, Choiyoungwoo, to be a KSW master once located in Florida (specifically, the Tampa Bay area), but who is now actually located near Atlanta, GA. As best I recall, Choiyoungwoo must've lost his password or possibly something else led him to abandon this screen name, only to reappear as Choi Young-Woo (later, this same MAP member apparently supplicated the mods to change his screen name to shimajiro). FWIW, shimajiro/Choi Young-Woo/Choiyoungwoo is NOT a Korean and wasn't around when master Yang still belonged to KSW. I never confirmed my suspicions of who he might be, but some of the things touched on in his posts leave me little doubt about his identity (BTW, if he is who I think he is, then he did achieve master rank in KSW but is no longer with that association). Don't be fooled... lots of times I use anecdotes of things I've merely heard about, but pass it off as personal experience in an attempt to stump people from guessing MY identity (like jedi mind tricks, it only works on the not-so-bright, hehe). Due to his obvious intelligence, I wouldn't put it past shimajiro to do the same. ;)

I just thought you (SsangKall & RLkuksoolwon) ought to be aware of this, since you seem to be in the mood for casting [erroneous] allegations about his identity.