Kung Fu vs. Ninjutsu?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Blu Mysticism, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Blu Mysticism

Blu Mysticism New Member

My friend and I are thinking of joining, O-mei kung fu or Ninjutsu. I was wondering, what the differences are bewteen the two? **** ok im getting confused no one here know how to spell ninjitsu.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2004
  2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Look at both and decide based on which seems better to you on viewing. Everyone's going to have a different opinion here, which you may well disagree with.

As an aid, do you have websites for either of the schools you're considering?

3. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Kung Fu and Ninjitsu are VERY different... But as Aegis says, look at them both and see which will fit you the most.

Ninjitsu of course was a concept/style which the Ninja's studied to kill, so it's an extremely open minded system which is very similar to those concepts of Jeet Kune Do; apart from the fact that it does have some sets and forms. When i say its similar to the concept of Jeet Kune do, I mean it's doing whatever works. You'll find some of the techniques quite painful... attacks against nerves & soft spots etc. Aswell as alot of various grappling, gripping techniques, and then the inclusion of weapons of course.

Last night when me and my friend were grappling, he studies ninjitsu so he was quite capable at preventing me from getting any decent hold on him because of his knowledge of weak spots on the human body.

Hope this helps!

4. PoetWarrior

PoetWarrior New Member

I bet ninjitsu is more expensive

5. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

How so? I pay $75 a year for classes and then seminars are seperate, ranging anywhere from $25 a day to $1200 for 4 days. I'm sure kung fu can be the same depending on the school.
    As a practioner of ninjutsu, I am of course biased. BUt, I agree with Aegis. Visit both and give the a try. Then go with the one that suits you most. It's not the art, it's the artist.

6. Thokk

Thokk Valued Member

O-mei kung fu is pretty traditional isnt it? Eagle, right? there are probably going to be a lot of forms that you'll have to learn. I don't think Id have the patience for something that traditional...