kung fu schools in seattle

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Infinity, May 3, 2005.

1. Infinity

Infinity -Invincible-

if there is anyone living or know some kung fu schools in seattle can u tell me where they are # or sites i want to learn choy li fut trying to find one with triditional

2. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

I don't know about any choy li fut schools in Seattle but this school is near seattle if you would like longfist, white crane or tai chi.

http://www.americanmartialinstitute.com/

He was a student of Yang Jwing Ming and is a very good teacher.

John Leung also teaches Hung Gar in seattles chinatown.

3. Mike71

Mike71 Valued Member

I haven't studied Choy Li Fut but I've thought about it a couple of times and looked at schools. These are the only ones that I am aware of in the Seattle area. I haven't looked for Choy Li Fut in a while so some of these may not exist any longer and there may be some new schools open that I haven't heard of at this point. Try Google if these don't interest you.

White Tiger Association
    Gray Cassidy
    Tai Chi Chuan & Choy Li Fut
    15231 State St.
    Snohomish, WA 98296
    TEL: (425) 246-3867
    guligongfu@hotmail.com

I studied Tai Chi with Gray Cassidy for a short time when he was teaching in Bellevue. He's a good instructor and a nice guy. He's actually very interested in teaching the martial aspects of Tai Chi which can be tough to find. He was not able to teach Choy Li Fut from the Bellevue school so I can't talk about his CLF skills from personal experience, but I imagine he's good.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

White Snake Choy Li Fut & Tai Chi Chuan
    David Akrish
    Heaven and Earth CMHC
    1918 E. Yesler Way
    Seattle, WA 98122
    206-320-1041
    www.HeavenEarthCMHC.com
    davidakrish@heavenearthcmhc.com

David Akrish is part of the same organization as Gray Cassidy (above). I sat in on one of his classes a couple of years ago. He seemed to be very knowledgeable and his students looked good, but I wasn't sure that I liked the class structure. This is strictly a personal issue in regards to how the curriculum was organized, so you might love it. Worth sitting in on a class at the very least.

Mak Fai Washington Kung Fu Club
    http://www.makskungfu.com/choylayfut/ChoyLayFut.html

I haven't seen these guys personally, but they have a really good reputation from the people I have talked to about them. I would definitely take a look at this school before starting somewhere else.

Blue Phoenix Kung Fu Association
    David Sawin
    Choy Li Fut
    (425) 672-5138
    Seattle, WA
    heydavo@aol.com

I don't know much about this place. They've been around for a long time and don't really advertise much so they may be very good, but I have not heard anything one way or the other.

Hope this helps. Let me know what you think if you check any of these places out. For that matter if anyone else has studied with any of these (or other CLF) schools I'd love to hear your opinion.

--Mike

4. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

I do choy lay fut, at the Mak Fai Washington Kung Fu Club.

My Sifu is an really awesome guy, you should check out the website and give us a call so Sifu knows when you're coming (it's really hard if you just show up to plan for a new student).

The number is 206-622-1688, we're located in 501 S Jackson Street, #B09
    Seattle, WA 98104.

We're open Monday-Friday, 5 pm - 8 pm, Saturdays 11 pm - 12:30 pm, and sometimes on Sundays (a sparring session).

Newcomes are always welcome, prices are pretty damned cheap (you can go as many times as you want to), atmosphere is really friendly.

You can also call me if you have questions, just PM me for my number.

5. UmYing

UmYing New Member

I'm a teacher of traditional Choy Lee Fut.

Sorry , we don’t allow people to post personal contact info

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2019