Kung Fu Register

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Andy Murray, Aug 14, 2001.

1. wanderingdaoist

wanderingdaoist New Member

Hi guys,

I'm (read above), I've been practicing Chinese martial arts (and others) for 16 years, starting with wingchun kungfu and wustyle taijiquan. Currently i'm in Yangshuo China studying Budizhen Gongfu/Taijiquan, which is a unique family style developed during the boxer rebellion, it's a mixture of both Shaolin and Wudang with a strong emphasis on practicality, so the forms are constantly evolving as the Masters test/eliminate all the weaknesses they can spot.

It's primarily a striking art (as most CMA are) with little shuai qiao (throwing), though there is a high amount of qinna (joint locks) dian mai (pressure point strikes) and of course tigong (kicking skill)...

The reason i train in this martial art is that it's unique and not a lot of people know it, the masters are wonderful, and have a completely open door policy with westerners which is something you don't see often with tradititional masters.

Check my website if you want more information :p

2. Bonz

Bonz New Member

Snow Tiger kung fu
    9 Animal subsystems

3. AuHg

AuHg McDojo Happy Meal

I am a fat slob practising wing chun. Tsui Sheung Tin Lineage Australia

4. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

QiXing Tang Lang Ch'uan (7 Star Mantis). I do it because it drives me to get and stay in shape.

And chicks dig a toned body.. Werd :p

5. diligentmantis

diligentmantis Valued Member

Hi well for me its southern praying mantis Iron ox hakka praying mantis , Xing yi and a couple of other chinese arts.

reason = aint got one

sean

6. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

five ancestor fist and JKd. i find the chinese arts quite amusing and are more dynamic than what I've gotten accustomed to.

7. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Iron Ox Tong Long? Very cool. We've got Chow Gar, Chu Gar and Jook Lum guys here. . . . now we FINALLY have an Iron Ox guy.

Mabye we'll discuss the finer points if IO SPM later.

Peace

8. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Jook lum currently (started october 2005),
    training at an MMA school (ditto)
    2 years wuzuquan (still practice a lil')
    6 months TKD

9. diligentmantis

diligentmantis Valued Member

Well we got the 4 main southern styles here , Right Where that Dark jester and his NPM..

sean

10. Guizzy

Guizzy with Arnaud and Eustache

Fujian White Crane (Flying Crane branch) here.

11. Lam Tong Long

Lam Tong Long New Member

Hi All,

I'm Lee Wing Sing Pai Tong Long (SPM) and done other stuff over the years. Seems there's more NPM on this board so me and Sean (Dilligent) are here to even the odds!

You said there are Chu Gar players here too? Nice.

John