Kung Fu hustle

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by JTiedes, Apr 26, 2005.

1. JTiedes

JTiedes Wielder of the Wiffle.

I notice that there is no thread for this movie, but in Krazy501's latest post he referenced it. has anyone else seen this wonderfully hilarious kungfu "spoof"?

to qoute my freind matt " too much awesome"

2. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

I just watched it tonight. I thought it was good - started a little slow but had a good build up and by the end I was thoroughly engrossed. I personally liked Shaolin Soccer better but Kung Fu Hustle was definitely worth the price of admission - I paid matinee but wouldn't have felt gipped if I'd paid the non-matinee price.

Mike

3. kungfufighter

kungfufighter Banned Banned

my cousin has it, i havn't had time to watch it though.

4. Brunstick

Brunstick (^_^) I need a girlfriend

Kung Fu Hustle was a great movie! i saw it back in March i think. my friend bought a dvd from hongkong. the dancing part in the beginning i thought was retarded, but overall a great movie!

-nico-

5. samurai1986

samurai1986 Valued Member

I loved it. All my Kung fu brothers and I went to the movie theater in our uniforms and watched it (that was a blast :) ). I work at the theater so I got in free but I wouldn't have felt stiffed to pay either.

6. Drunken Miss Ho

Drunken Miss Ho New Member

Best movie ever!

7. eagelclaw

eagelclaw Valued Member

watched it last weekend, great movie. Love the action!!!

8. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

Two words: the knives.

9. midnightsun955

midnightsun955 Valued Member

That was hilerious! i was in tears for half of the movie!

HAHAHAHAA yeah the knives! And the hair on fire! and omg omg the flower pot! so many!

10. Brunstick

the knives? what knives?

11. Drunken Miss Ho

Drunken Miss Ho New Member

The knives! a hint: the ones stuck in various body parts

12. midnightsun955

midnightsun955 Valued Member

and THEN the snake omg hahahahaha

13. chrispy

chrispy The Hunter

I saw it Saturday Night, I thought it was great. the action was amazing and sing and his chubby pal were hilarious, I was dying when they were trying to throw the knives at the landlady. great movie!!!

14. Brunstick

OH!!! the knives!!! i get it! i can't believe i forgot that part!

-nico-

15. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I can't believe that I havent posted anything on this movie yet.

This movie is one the funniest ones around and apparently even funnier if you're Chinese as there is a lot of hidden messages (especially on the advertising posters in the background).

Hilarious, smart, well-shot, good story.

Loving it :D

16. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

This Movie is just coming out in Cinema's around the UK now.

I've had it on DVD since the start of may (my birthday :D) from the better half.

Is a class movie, think I prefer Shaolin soccer, but if you like a humorous OTT kungfu flick then it's worth watching. :cool:

17. FATSAN

FATSAN Valued Member

I thought Kung Fu Hustle was excellent - So much better than Shaolin Soccer. I saw it whlile I was in Hong Kong around Xmas but looking forward to seeing again in the uk No beff paying to see this one again (specially seeing as the knock off DVD i bought while I was out there was naff!). Loved the blind musicians!

18. New Guy

New Guy I am NEW.

Like? The magic medicine to turn thin child into fat child??!!!

19. Cain

Cain New Member

The movie was pretty good, but stephen chow did better [edit] in shaolin soccer [/edit] IMO

Just wait till you watch a few bollywood [indian, hindi] movies!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

|Cain|

Last edited: Jun 27, 2005
  20. Falcore

Falcore almost acceptable

Yeah, Stephen Chow is good stuff. There is already a sequel being written, and in Hong Kong they are producing a tv series spin off called Kung Fu: Champion. Chances of getting it here (I'm in Aus) seem slim at this stage.

They haven't even released it here yet - it was slated for April I think, and since then it's been bumped and bumped and bumped - August 17th I think is the current date for release. However, I think the bumping was basically because it has done so well around the world and now the distributor is putting some money into marketting - originally it was to be released in indie cinemas only, but I'm pretty sure all the nation wide chains are going to run it now. So I guess that's good.