Kukishinden Ryu Soke

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Dao, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Dao

Dao Valued Member

Hello,
    In looking into the Kukishinden ryu I notice that the name of the 1st and 6th soke are romanised as "Izumo Kanja Yoshiteru".

I have also found sources that say Izumo Kanja Yoshiteru founded the Kukishinden Ryu in around 1336 and others that say Izumo Kanja Yoshiteru may have founded Shinden Fudo Ryu in around 1150.

The reason I ask is in an attempt to clarify if the 8th soke of Kukishinden Ryu, Tsutsumi Hakushi Mori Ritsuzan, is the same person who founded the Tsutsumi Hozan Ryu in the mid 14th century.

If the person listed as the 1st soke of Kukishiden Ryu lived in the 1100's then the dates correspond, however if the 1st soke lived in the 1300's then thee is little likelyhood that Tsutsumi Yamashiro no Kami Hozan and Tsutsumi Hakushi Mori Ritsuzan are indeed the same person.

I look forward to your comments,

Regards,
    Dao

2. Dao

Dao Valued Member

To clarify the above post,

I am trying to test the hypothesis that the man listed as the 1st soke of Kukishinden Ryu was the founder of Shinden Fudo Ryu, and lived in the 12th century, and the person listed as the 6th soke of Kukishinden Ryu is indeed the founder of Kukishinden Ryu as we know it today and lived in the 14th century.

Dao