Kuk Sool Pictures and Other media

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Wolf, Aug 10, 2005.

1. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

not the greatest pic but here's me and one of my best mates doing a bit of staff sparring.

[​IMG]

:)

2. coc716

coc716 Just Some Guy

I rediscovered this thread via a reference emberKSW posted in another thread.

Now that there's a Kuk Sool Won section in the Photo's area on MAP, why not move/rehost these pictures there? I don't know if individuals have to do it, or if a moderator could do that for us?

3. ember

ember Valued Member

Fall 2004 Galveston

So one day when we were out practicing, there happened to be a professional photographer who took a few pictures.

I had to dig up the credits before posting them, but what I remember hearing was that he would appreciate the advertising. So, courtesy of Roberts with "Back Bay Images" (Cout1954@aol.com)

Now maybe I can ki breathe myself to sleep.

Attached Files:

4. AirNick

AirNick Valued Member

Ooh, I like them!

5. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

Pffft You are so dumped as my official model. :D :D :D :D :D

Only kidding. Nice light I like those. :)

6. ember

ember Valued Member

You just like that it's ladies :D :D :D

Too bad two are already taken.

7. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

vid clip of ki cho hyung

at the risk of being laughed at and ridiculed i have made a video of myself performing ki cho hyung.

it's a bit dark because it was very sunny outside :cool: and the jump between parts 4 and 5 were because i had to move to avoid the washing line post :bang:

anyway, enjoy.

btw thanks to wiz3k for his help :)

ki cho hyung

Last edited: Apr 14, 2006
  8. coc716

coc716 Just Some Guy

Hey, that was cool! See, we all want more video and the way to get more video is to make video. :)

Good demonstration of the form too.

9. kswgreenman

kswgreenman New Member

Nice one! Now, if you could do the rest of them up to DGH I'd be most gratetful :D

10. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

all in good time my friend :)

11. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

Nice form, I was thinking that looks way more complicated than the Tang Soo Do Kicho Hyung, when do you learn that particular form? Ive always liked the KSW forms, very different to the TSD and TKD ones. Do you know any Sword forms? I would very much like to see them. My club practices a sword form from KSW, I would like to compare them.

12. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

thats is the first, or foundation form that we learn at white belt. i know a couple of sword forms but no vids of them. sorry. :)

13. JSun

JSun Valued Member

Nice, considering the space constraints. Quick question, though. It looked like you performed a side kick that extends horizontal to the ground in part 2. We learn the kick as more of stomping side kick angled downward. I know it's purely aesthetic, but is that the way most people from the UK are taught to execute that kick? I think it would have been helpful if the kihaps were included (or audible) in the hyung as well. After all, the hyungs are supposed to be about ki flow and development, right? Other than that, great vid. Thanks for posting. I'll have to go out on a limb and throw out some video of my forms too.

14. kswgreenman

kswgreenman New Member

15. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

the side kick in part 2 should be a knee hight kick, no higher. and most of the rest of the high kicks should be at shoulder level.

hope that helps.

ps.
    yossarain, out of curiosity, what kuk sool sword form do you know? do you have any clips of it so that we can compare it to ours.

16. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

yes you're right, the side kick should have been lower :rolleyes: :eek:

17. wiz3k

wiz3k Valued Member

wow cool video dave who made it!!! :D

18. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

To be fair dave is only short so he has to kick up to get to normal peoples kness. :D

19. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

Its called Yong Hyung(may not be the original name), it wasnt in the videos posted above. I noticed some moves from the form in the first video posted. Ill try and explain the opening moves.

Feet together, sword comes from behind in an overhead downward strike. Then three one handed circular outside to inside strikes, on the second strike you bend the knees, third strike you are in crouched position. Then stasnd up with front kick, turn and diagonal strike downwards. Hope that makes sense.

My old Master learned the form from Ian Cameron in Inverness and may have made changes to it.

I have it on video, ill try and get it online but it way take a while because ive never done it before.

kswgreenman thanks for the links

No problem, ill see if I can get mine on

Thanks guys

20. Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity New Member

Yossarian,

Was your old master (the one who learned the sword form from Ian Cameron) a Kuk Sool Black Belt??????