Kuk Sool Christmas!

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by JTMS, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

Hi, Moosulmaster.

Just in case this thread gets moved to the Off-Topic Area of MAP, perhaps you should be aware of a similar thread which was posted there nearly two hours after you submitted this one.

Take particular notice of post #12 (and perhaps post #38).

2. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

즐거운 성탄절 보내세요!!!

3. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Better put the translation in that as per the ToS.

4. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

'merry holy birthday sent respectfully', frodocious

5. Frodocious

And the same to you! :)

6. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

Now for the REAL CHRISTMAS DAY EVENTS: After waking up this morning I decided to just relax. Since I am alone on Christmas I have no where to go and no one to see, what to do? what to do? Hey I got it, I am going on a Martial Art Madness Marathon of Movies today. Started with Dragon Wars and then off to Shaolin (protect the temple), then I was thinking about some films like Fighter in the Wind, Sword in the moon or The Warrior and maybe end with something??? any ideas? :evil:

7. unknown-KJN

Outdated aspect of the ToS (IMHO). Ever hear of Google Translate? :google:

But don't take my word for it; see for yourself...

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  8. Frodocious

I am well aware of Google Translate. However the ToS, which everyone agreed to when they registered, requires that all foreign language posts be accompanied by the appropriate translation. Common courtesy should mean that if you are typing something in a foreign language, on an English language forum, you take the time to provide the translation, rather than requiring other people to have to do it themselves.

9. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I hope that you have a happy and relaxed Christmas despite being alone. As I recover from my two kids rampaging, I might change that to say because of being alone :D

Whatever the case, I hope you had a good day Tulsa :)

Mitch

10. Mitch

Translate your typo to Spanish and back and you get:

Never here for Google Translate

You didn't intend to type that, you're an intelligent and educated guy who knows better. Yet you typed it.

We all make mistakes with grammar, punctuation, spelling or just have fat fingers on occasions. :) As a result, it might just be better to try and say what we mean rather than rely on internet based translations of what we meant to type.

Mitch

11. KJMS

KJMS Valued Member

Only Two Mitch?? LOL! there's NINE here at my house,3 of them are mine,3 others are my nieces and nephews,the last three...I haven't the slightest clue who they are!!! :mad:

12. Mitch

You have my utmost sympathy! :D

Hope you're having a good time amongst the madness :)

Mitch

13. unknown-KJN

Hoist by my own petard! :bang:

:jester: ROFL :jester:

EDIT:

BTW, I wasn't trying to suggest that the ToS is out-of-date or somehow not keeping up with the times, just that most *educated* people wouldn't have a problem with the post cited by Frodo. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  14. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

If an educated person chooses to participate amongst the various sections of MAP, they accept the fact that the TOS are there for a reason, and then they usually don't complain about them once they've agreed to them. :D

15. Frodocious

Do you practice being condescending and patronising? Because you're really good at it! As an 'educated' person, I find that post of yours fairly offensive. The ToS is here to make life easier for everyone, if you don't like it or can't be bothered conforming to it, I suggest you go and post on another forum that doesn't have the same regulations.

I made a request that the foreign text was translated, the op did so and that should have been the end of the issue.

I will remind those of you who actually intend to abide by the ToS that you agreed to when you signed up to MAP, that if you have a problem with a moderator decision take it to pm. Don't clog threads up with bitching and moaning.

As the reason for this thread is now over, the thread is locked because it's going nowhere good. Apologies for the disruption to those of you who were in the friendly Christmas spirit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.