KSW critics?

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Estero75, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasMichelle

VegasMichelle Valued Member

You're easily offended. If the roles were reversed, with all the rude things you posted, I should be extremely angry.

But I'm not. Yet another difference.

Name atleast one thing you have been dishonest about?....oh what to choose, what to choose! How about something you brought up so you have context:

Your accusation that I started being rude to you on post 230 when it was just a snarky reply to your initial rudeness of 229. To which, you dismiss your part in starting the entire thing as "mildly sarcastic" all-the-while trying to attribute post 230 as the starting point.

2. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Did I make any direct personal attacks in post 229? Did I call you names? Did I impugn your intellect or personality? No, I answered some points sarcastically (fairly standard on a discussion forum with a heavy English contingent). You proceeded to immediately escalate to personal insults.
    Do I feel I was polite in 229? No. Do I feel I had warranted attack? No. You say that you're not easily offended yet went postal over a bit of sarcasm.
    I found your response disproportionate, childish and offensive.

3. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

How about something pertinent to the thread? :rolleyes:

4. VegasMichelle

Now that is yet another example of you being disingenuous.

You consider that impugning your intellect or personality in light of your post 229? You consider that going "postal" and disporportionate, childish and offensive? You think this rises to the level of direct personal insult in a forum and is the catalyst for everything to follow?

Not even close. Attributing all that to the above post is more offensive!

Again, we're different people and I'm more than willing to let your personal attacks go. Its the internet...you need tougher skin. I think more troublesome is your continue misreading and insistence that I am changing frames of reference when in reality, you're the guilty party there. I don't know if you are intentionally doing it or are just misreading things again.

In any case, clearly you are much more sensitive than I am so I apologize for comments you deem offensive. When I mean to be offensive, there's usually some cursing going on. LOL.

5. VegasMichelle

Sure.

You said that you saw nothing of KSW in the Seiber fight.

The kick attempted in 14:20 is what? Could she have learned that from KSW initially? Is it an effective kick if it lands? What can she do to improve?

The kick attempted on 15:35 is what? Do you think that is representative of MT or something possibly she picked up from KSW? Is it effective if it lands? What can she do to improve?

The kick attempted on 15:48 is what? Does MT regularly do that kick or is it possibly something she picked up from KSW? Effective if it lands?

How about the clinch game? Is it that you've never seen clinches in KSW so you attribute all of it to her MMA training?

Do you think her KSW background will become more and more prominent over time as her other skillsets improve?

6. VegasMichelle

And revisiting this vid that you posted:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amP40qyy2K4"]Roy Nelson HL 2013 - Made in America - YouTube[/ame]

You claimed his style was very close to the style you practice. Could you please point out the portions on the video that couldnt have come from a MMA school and had to be directly from the style related to yours?

I see this vid:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CywiYdRAGGs"]CHOY LEE FUT ENTIRE DEMONSTRATION - YouTube[/ame]

Perhaps since I dont train CLF, this looks very different from Roy's clip above. Is this clip not representative? FYI, I chose it because it said "entire demonstration" but its possible that this is not even CLF to the untrained eye.

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

All we have here is pathetic school playground name calling rather than constructive discussion.

We have more important things to do than police this thread all day, so it's closed.

If you want to add something constructive send me a PM and I'll consider it.

8. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

I think you forgot to actually close the thread. :)

9. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Oops, thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.