Krav Maga

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Epitome, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Can you please answer the questions in that post you quoted?

You only quoted and addressed part of it.

Here it is.

2. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

3. Epitome

Epitome Banned Banned

Well unlike you guys i have work tommorow.

4. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

well considering you dont want to tell us who you train with, not even in a private message, i guess you dont want to meet up!

5. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

But you've taken all this time to selectively answer certain questions while ignoring and dodging others.

So you've had plenty of time.

Anyway the posts should still be here tomorrow and the questions will still be in people's minds, they won't forget.

6. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I bet this schedule changes once he finds out about girls.

7. Epitome

Epitome Banned Banned

I dont see any of you posting where you train or who you train with and how long you train for.

8. Janno

Janno Valued Member

It's a good video isn't it? :) Definitely makes me want to get out there and start coshing away... :D

Look mate - i'll level with you here: You've clearly used up a lot of good will with your posts, and it's all going a bit wrong now. Indeed, i get the impression that the majority of veteran forumites and martial artists here can now smell blood in the water, and people are looking for something to chew on. Aside from your claims (in particular the "33 hours a week claim!" - typo perhaps?) to be doing so much training across so many systems every week, you seem to be a reasonably articulate individual, and so i'm going to lay a few things out for you before i hit the sack (early morning - will be away for the weekend).

I cannot, for the life of me, work out why you are being so evasive about telling us where you train club/location-wise, or who trains you. This is particularly confusing, since you seem proud enough to list all the things you do, but hesitant to deliver any specifics about them. Whilst i accept that this may be because you simply haven't got sufficient knowledge in the systems you've named, you've got to admit that it doesn't bode well for your credibility (which has already been damaged).

I myself used to train about 12-15 hours a week across 2 or 3 systems back when i was studying full-time. Admittedly, my studies went to hell in the meantime, but what you are describing is certainly feasible. However, your inability to specify so much as the names of the people you're training with is of massive concern - could it be that you have spread yourself so thin that you can't even remember the names of your teachers???

There is what it looks like. And what it is. What it looks like to us is that you have tried to beef up your internet image by listing a number of popular systems, without actually developing in any of them, having any knowledge of them, or regularly training in any of them. We call these kinds of people Walter Mittys (or Walts, for short) - people who fabricate or exaggerate details in order to make themselves seem more than they really are. If this is the case, then i see how you could've gotten carried away - just admit the mistake and we'll move on. Alternatively, you can tell us how it really is, and who you really train with for each of the systems you've named.

No offense, but when you invited me to meet up with you, the first question i asked myself was "would i travel across London to meet someone i have never met before, who seems unwilling to provide even the most simple details about who they are, what they do, or who they affiliated to?" The answer is a resounding "no." My time is too valuable to go on a wild goose chase. On the other hand, prove that you're not some kind of Walt, and i'll happily take you down the local gym for a few rounds of sparring and some chit-chat.

In this case, you plenty to gain from being honest. Indeed, martial artists come in all shapes and sizes, but are nothing without guts and integrity. The decision is yours.

9. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

Guys if he's a troll stop feeding him, if he's not you're laying it on a little thick. I mean, either way, s'not worth the hassle. Even if he is dodging questions ;)

10. Janno

Janno Valued Member

You didn't ask.

I asked you first, as i was curious about the fact that you said you trained in several systems, several of which i am likely to know the instructors personally.

If it is of that much concern, you tell me yours, and i'll tell you mine. That said, with a bit of searching, you'll likely find out plenty about my martial arts background on here anyway.

11. Metal_Kitty

Metal_Kitty Valued Member

It's kind of strange you tell me I misunderstood EVERYTHING you said. I don't know how that's possible when the statements you made were pretty clear and obvious.

"anybody who has been in or around street fights knows these things before ever getting to a class....A good Krav class can help tlhose not used to combat situations by heping them to control the adrenaline etc. Beyond this, things like kicking a guy in the balls ASAP should just be common sense...I've had friends who swear by just grabbing somebodys sack and squeezing + twisting hard, they've never needed a single martial arts class to teach them this."

Am I the only one that read this as "You don't need a class to teach basic techniques because it's common sense"?

I feel like I'm losing my mind....

12. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

13. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

If you want to know, I will gladly PM you. However, I expect some info from you in return.

14. jumpfor joy

jumpfor joy Valued Member

Nope you are not, this seems like a kid that everyone is giving way too much time. I am reading this no out of disbelief and entertainment. All of you have put in some great ,well thought responses and they are being ****ed on.

I feel like I'm losing my mind....[/QUOTE]

15. jumpfor joy

jumpfor joy Valued Member

Nope you are not, this seems like a kid that everyone is giving way too much time. I am reading this out of disbelief and entertainment. All of you have put in some great ,well thought responses and they are being ****ed on.

I feel like I'm losing my mind....[/QUOTE]

16. Devil Hanzo

Devil Hanzo Doesn't tap to heel-hooks

Obvious troll is obvious.

17. sifu mark

sifu mark New Member

It is a very simple but effective street defense system just like any system of martial art it has its good and bad points.

18. Pkhamidar2com

Pkhamidar2com Panda Member

hes obviously a troll... some 10 year old kid who likes to annoy others and has nothing much else to do other than annoy people on serious forums, and probably is very spoiled. Probably isn't even rich, probably acts rich, and takes money away from his poor parents.

Reminds me of the second girl from the manga "the world only god knows". The rich one, i think it was the second one.

19. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Lots of assumptions there, none of which you can back up.

I could claim you only posted your comment to get your post count up. Could I prove it, no. So maybe it is better not posted at all.

20. Pkhamidar2com

Pkhamidar2com Panda Member

true true.... i am assuming alot here but it seems very unlike that he is genuine, i mean 13 styles, now wait didnt he add like another 3 styles that he was going to do, and he was ignoring questions put towards him. But i guess in this world anything can happen.

But i guess that bit with me saying hes spoiled was far.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011