Krav Maga Tel Aviv

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by glebka, Sep 3, 2012.

1. glebka

glebka New Member

Everyone!

I'm traveling to TLV and want start Krav Maga classes there (newbie to martial arts). Any tips on school and schedule? I'm planning to stay for 3 month, would it be enough for a basics?

2. Sandy

Sandy Valued Member

Hi there,

Tel Aviv would obviously be a brilliant place to study Krav Maga! I spent a couple of weeks doing Krav Maga with the IKMF; the training was excellent. This was a few years ago, so I'm now out of date. However, I recommend Googling the IKMF and tracking down relevant clubs in Tel Aviv: http://kravmaga.co.il/

Needless to say, there will be many more clubs beyond the IKMF. My impression of Krav Maga is that it's yet another martia arts split by politics (like most arts, sadly). Others here may know good clubs outside the IKMF.

3 months training in a good club can be long enough to learn a fair amount: it depends how often you train! Daily training will obviously count more than weekly training; it's up to you how much you want to train/learn. The military instructors course in the Israeli Defence Force is only a month long, but that's a month of training all day, every day ...

Have fun and enjoy your time abroad!

3. glebka

glebka New Member

Sandy, thanks for reply! Will be looking around.