Krav Maga / Kappap in Haywards Heath, West Sussex

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Sandy, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Sandy

Sandy Valued Member

Hi everyone,

I've just seen there's a Kapap (krav maga) class has in Haywards Heath, West Sussex / Mid Sussex on Wednesday evenings: www.kapapengland.com/pages/training.htm

Does anyone have experience of this? The instructor is David Stopa? Does anyone know of him? www.kapapengland.com/pages/aboutus.htm

:confused: Also, can anyone here explain the difference between Krav Maga and Kappap? Despite having studied Krav Maga in both the UK and Israel, I struggle to grasp the difference. Is it only a subtle difference? What's the British Kapap Association like?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  2. jordanblythe104

jordanblythe104 Valued Member

Looks good to me. I would at least try it out

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Its freestyle krav, but with the BCA logos all over it, not worth your time.

4. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

What's wrong with their being linked to the BCA?

5. Dead_pool

The BCA is an association, theres great guys involved with it, and very poor ones too, my point (poorly put across) was looks like its just freestyle krav.

6. Sandy

Sandy Valued Member

Hi Fusen, what do you mean by "freestyle" krav? (There being no kata, I might call Krav Maga a freestyle?)

These days, there appears to be so much fragmentation in krav maga that's it is hard to discern the high quality from the lesser quality schools. Anyway, the Haywards Heath club has dropped from the list, but Brighton seems to have been added.

7. Dead_pool

Freestyle anything tends to be watered down versions of the original unless theres been a large change in context etc

freestyle karate = more suited to freestyle karate competition.
    Freestyle krav = more suited to ??