Korean Words

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by psbn matt, Jul 4, 2006.

1. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

my other half, is going to set up a Ltd company, but we can't think of a good name. does anyone know of any good or interesting korean words that we could use.

p.s. what is the korean equivalent of quai loh / gajin.

cheers
    matt

2. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

What kind of things will this company be dealing in?

Baekin means white man in Korean.

Waegukin means foreigner.

3. psbn matt

she's a stuntwoman, and the company will be her bussiness front.

4. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

Yak jang sa

5. blondeblackbelt

blondeblackbelt Valued Member

I've found a few - but not sure if they will be particularly relevant to the business

Pretty - Yep-boo-dah
    Friend - Chin-guu
    Lets Go! - Kap-shi-da!
    Great/Best - Chway-go-da!

And apparantly ... Do you want to fight? is 'chu-ga lay, or sour-lay'

6. psbn matt

an english discription would help :confused:

7. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

many interpretations, usually slang - snake oil peddler, kind of a cute name for herbal medicine doctor.

8. IBelieved

IBelieved Valued Member

Um, not to be disrespectful PuSaBumNym, but why would people who aren't Korean-speakers want to name their company with "good or interesting korean words"? That sounds like it has great potential for embarrassment, to say the least.

9. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

It is unlikely that a Korean name has been used, so in setting up your corporation, you have less to worry about. For instance you can name your Corporation You Won Wha Inc. D.B.A. Stuntbirds so the corp name and the business name are 2 separate things but the D.B.A. is the "everyday" business name, under the corporate umbrella of You Won Wha Inc.

10. You Won Hwa

You Won Hwa Valued Member

Not a bad name for a stunt business.

That has my vote! ;)

11. Buckeye Blue

Buckeye Blue Valued Member

Although from a legal/business aspect, I don't see the advantage of using a d/b/a that is so different from the company name.

1. It could lead to confusion. If everyone calls the organization Stuntbirds, they will have trouble finding registration information on it. Likewise, if all someone has is the legal registration name of the company, they would have trouble tracking down Stuntbirds. If you are not going to use the name You Won Wha, why register it?

2. Over here, you need to register a d/b/a. So now you have two sets of paperwork to deal with and maintain. I don't know how it is where you would need to register.

The only time I encounter d/b/a's is when someone buys an established business. For instance: The Bob Smith Company buys the auto parts shop run by "Steve's Auto Parts, Inc." If the shop has been in the neighborhood for 30 years, then "Steve's Auto Parts" has name recognition. In that case, The Bob Smith Company would get a d/b/a to use the recognized name of "Steve's Auto Parts." Further, they wouldn't need to change signs or advertising material.

12. psbn matt

i seem to remember reading once, that there were female bodygaurds in the korean royal court, can anyone remember what they were called? or if they had a specific title.

anything along the lines of warrior, female warriors, ect are kinda what she was asking after.

thanks for the help so far guys.

13. ember

ember Valued Member

Well, the "Yu" prefix is woman. So if someone knows the Korean for warrior, then "Yu" + [warrior] is what you're asking for here.