[Korea] The First North Korean Defectors Escape to the US

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by MadMonk108, May 10, 2006.

1. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

Article here.

Previously, all North Korean defectors were taken to South Korea, where they are kept under tight government control, and often face discrimination. They are rarely allowed to speak of their experiences in North Korea since the current SK government's official policy, called "The Sunshine Policy" is more concerned with keeping Kim Jongil happy and fed.

I like to call it the "Blow Sunshine Up the Jonger's Fat Butt" Policy.

This is a huge deal.

For one, many people put their lives on the line for these six escapees.

When the US passed the North Korean Human Rights Act a couple years ago, they said that any North Korean making it to US soil would be given asylum. These are the first.

This is a tremendous victory for everyone who has suffered and worked so hard for freedom. It is a morale boost that could not have come at a better time.

This is only six. Millions more still suffer and die under Kim Jongil's regime.

Some of these girls were sexually trafficed.

If anyone wants to help, PM me.

"Til they're free or I'm dead." - Paul Kim

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Wow.
    That they made it to the US is a bit surprising.
    Though given the angles the US is working on Jong... maybe not.

Many of the N.Koreans end up escaping into China.
    You gotta know it's bad if they are running away to get to China of all places.

In the news here we seem to get almost daily reports of N. Korean tourists boning out, up and over the walls of foreign embassies and schools and claiming asylum. There have been some truly heartbreaking videos of families scrambling over walls and some not making it.

Of course China doesn't want this because sooner or later it'll come to light how much China has propped up N. Korea and it's fairly obvious what an absolute disaster N. Korea is.