[Korea] Happy Chuseok!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by klaasb, Sep 25, 2007.

1. klaasb

klaasb ....

Happy Chuseok everybody.

The holiday labeled as thanksgiving in Korea when Koreans visit family and give each other 'practical' gifts. Not a good time to be on the road when you are in Korea, that is for sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuseok

2. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Happy Chuseok!!!!!!

Oh yeah, I remember the traffic - I used to enjoy the days off but never tried to travel anywhere, it was crazy!

I loved the practical gifts though - especially the gift boxes of Dong Won Tuna (mmmm - plain, red pepper, black sauce, and veggie). Loved the food too - Song Pyeon and Paek Sae Ju stand out for me for some reason. :D

3. Alain

Alain New Member

Happy Chuesok Klass and Thomas and everyone else.

Yes, holidays are not the best time to travel, that's for sure. I remember being stuck in traffic...

Boy do I miss the food. :) It was two years ago this month that I was last in Korea. We were there for the Chuesok holiday and had a great meal. We went to Seoul Land that weekend too.

Hope you ate a lot Klass. :)

Yours in Training,

Alain

www.burrese.com

4. Studude67

Studude67 The hungry fighter

Paek Sae Ju indeed :-D :-D im always lonely on Chuseok cos all of my friends go and visit their families, and just when i needed to go to the Lottemart it was closed lol, im not a christian but actually i went to church on Chuseok with a friend and it was like Korean gospel singing, it was quality to join in haha~