KO of the Year 2018

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Grond, May 28, 2018.

1. Grond

Grond Valued Member

You should watch this whole video

Here is the KO, but first you should watch that previous video.

Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=120&v=ZRxjMTN4vdM
    Say goodnight, Francis.

axelb likes this.
  2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

And the forecast today is a high chance of spinning heel kicks to the face followed by a thick fog of unconsciousness descending on Knockout City.

Loved the display of respect from the winner at the end. McGregor & co. could learn a thing or two from that.

axelb, Grond and Jaydub like this.
  3. Grond

Grond Valued Member

GoH matches seem to have a lot of what I'd call "Experimental" techniques, some of which may seem ridiculous but in the average GoH bout even the ones that leave you scratching your head appear like they'd work in the right context (see last minute of the video below). I really dig the "ready to try anything including a 540 degree body spinning move" adventurousness, like that spinning kick in the KO video. I love these "but that only works in the movies" ironies.

GoH is one of this things that if you told me ten or twenty years ago would be happening in China someday, I'd have written it off. I think it's great how international its become in just a couple years It was billed early on as a sort of country vs country kickboxing and MMA promotions and now there is a lot of global appeal and international mix of fighters. One of their best champs is Russian Astemir Borsov. Other competitors have names like "Blood Diamond". I honestly have not been this entertained by fight sports since the early days of UFC, but in the case of GoH the competitors are all very skilled, but don't skimp on the melodrama.

4. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Singdam got knocked out with the exact same kick only a few fights previously.

Feel bad for Singdam getting caught like that. He is a legend and a genuinely nice guy.

Grond likes this.