Klingon Batle'th sword or axe?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Mushroom, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

So I learned something new today.

I always considered a Klingon Batle'th as an axe. Speaking to a swordmaster/seller at a comicon. Blacksmiths have deemed the Klingon weapon as..... a sword!

Now apparently in 2008, all swords got banned. This Law then got re-written, that the only swords allowed in the UK are traditional swords, that are traditionally made (due to historical relevance) - basically swords that are legal have to be forged etc.

So for example, an Elvish sword cannot be legal because, Elves don't exist!

Thoughts?

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

New-UK-Sword-Legislation-FAQ-

Nope hand forged swords are still legal, cheap Wall hangers with a curved blade over 50cm however are illegal.... Ish.

3. Mushroom

Thought thats what I said... traditional swords made by traditional means (forged) are legal.

Fantasy swords no...because theres no traditional ways of making an Elvis/Klingon sword as they dont exist.

My main question is...whats the difference? A Police Officers concern is intent of use.
    Just like a baseball bat or a cricket bat...butchers knife etc.

4. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

I identify as a half Elf half, Klingon, ergo Elves and Klingons now exist. You're welcome. Import away!

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

A good nerd will still buy a handmade work of art over a cheap wall piece so it could still be hand-made. I'd say the best indicator might be price and heritage? Like, a good Blade (Wesley Snipes) sword might also qualify as limited edition memorabilia. Idon't know if that counts for anything though.

Mushroom and Dead_pool like this.
  6. Dead_pool

I assume they mean tradionally forged, as in they're tempered etc, so traditional general metalworking skills, and not just stamped out stainless steel, so not modern mass produced with low quality. The culteral relevence doesn't matter, any "traditional" forging will do.

The difference is price, the more expensive they are, the less of them in the hands of teenagers there are, and the less random acts of violence with them there is.

Mushroom likes this.
  7. Dead_pool

Also blades sword isn't curved so it's legal!

8. Mushroom

I'm still reeling from the fact that a Batle'th is considered a sword and not a kind of axe.

9. Dead_pool

Why would it be an axe, an axe would need an axe head surely??

10. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Thanks for the clarification on the legislation, Luckily that all my swords and weapons are hand forged. HMB would be pretty boring sport without them. I always thought that a Batle'th looks like a modified Chinese Heaven and Earth sword so vote for sword here.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/284852745151849855/

Mushroom and Dead_pool like this.
  11. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

12. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

The true Warrior wields a mek’leth anyway

13. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

#NoTrueKlingon

Mushroom and Hannibal like this.
  14. Mushroom

#MakeKronosGreatAgain