KJN (?) Allison Ducker

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by hwarang cl, Jun 18, 2007.

1. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

I was looking at the WKSA website earlier and noticed that SBN, I guess now KJN, Allison Ducker was permoted. When did this happen? And please give her a congrats from all of us at Clearlake when you see her.

2. fightinchance

fightinchance New Member

At European Championship.

3. Out-to-Lunch

Out-to-Lunch Valued Member

WOW, Congrats...its nice to see some women masters other than Master Choon Ok Harmon ;-)
    --josh

4. swntzu

swntzu has left MAP for a bit

Aren't there plenty in Korea?

P.S. Someone should really sort out the photos on there. Mot of them are really sloppy photoshops and it reflects badly on the org.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  5. ember

ember Valued Member

I think I saw one or two in '05. I'd have to look at the brochure.

6. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

I think 2 or 3, can't remember exactly.

7. Out-to-Lunch

I dont think they look that bad...I personally like KJN Hincliffe's photo bg.

8. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

On where, the WKSA site or the KKSW site? All the pictires of the masters are passport type pictures in their generals uniforms.

I'd also like to see all SBN's pictures too on the WKSA website, I mean most of them will be masters soon enough, it would be nice to atleast know their faces.

9. Willow

Willow Valued Member

How many SBN's are there out there? I'm curious because it might make the page a little too big.

Also I think there's something to be said about earning some priviledges as a master. Although I'm not certain that having your picture on an internet site is what most people think of when they think martial arts master priviledges.

10. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

In the states not that many. :( Everyone has been promoted. UK now has more but they have been promoting alot of people lately.

11. Bahng Uh Ki

Bahng Uh Ki Valued Member

SBN's pictures on websites

I don't think the intent would be to grant priviledges to the SBNs as much as to allow the underbelts (color or lower ranking black belt) a better chance to get to know them, so when they are KJNs, those they out rank have a better chance of recognising them and offering them the proper respect.

12. Willow

Willow Valued Member

That's a shame there aren't more. We have one and one left not too long ago to run his own school.

I agree with the sentiment and the reason behind it, I just don't know if they would choose to put them up on the website.

13. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

Don't fret too much, pretty soon there will be a ton of them. ALL of the PSBN's across the states that I know are testing, most of which have been for awhile.

14. Fu_Ling_Yoo

Fu_Ling_Yoo Valued Member

Pretty soon clearlake will have 2 women masters (One of the reasons I'm going to transfer there), of course YKJN Choon Ok Hatmon, and soon YKJN Terry Heaps. And If you count Meyerland (SBN Koari Nebgen) there will be 3 in Houston area. Its going to be a great time to be a woman Martial Artist. We are going to have SOO many people to look up to. Also I think SBN Lee Harvey will be getting promoted soon too. Sooo yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  15. swntzu

swntzu has left MAP for a bit

The WKSA one. Passport or not, the crapness of the photoshopping is disgraceful. Of course it has been pointed out that there are a few (KJN Hinchcliffe being one) that are quite good but as I have said before most of them are utterly shocking.

16. Fu_Ling_Yoo

Tell us what you really think about it.

17. ember

ember Valued Member

:D

I think that's hwarang_cl's subtext - he wants bragging rights. Can't say I blame him. Watching SBN Terry do ssahng gum hyung at Friday's promotion demo was REALLY COOL.

So when do we get to meet you?

18. Fu_Ling_Yoo

My company is opening an office in Houston, right now Im based in California, but my boss told me that I will be able to transfer sometime early fall. Wes has offered to help with a place to stay, but I think it might be a little ackward for the two of us. Anywho to your question I think I should be there for the October tournament.

19. Out-to-Lunch

Your in CA!!! Train with KJN Sung Jin Suh!!! He is PHENOMENAL!!!

20. ember

ember Valued Member

With all due respect, he's also a HE. Which by no means implies anything about his ability to teach women, just every once in a while a woman likes to have someone who can (has) show(n) the way.