Kiss of the Dragon

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Cooler, Nov 14, 2001.

1. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

WOW!

Cooler.

2. waya

waya Valued Member

Is this one I am going to have to buy??? I haven't seen it yet lol

3. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

It is a must buy.

Cooler.

4. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

I will have to get it since you all like it so much.

-Chazz

5. Chazz

Well i just rented this movie to check it out for the first time. I'll give my thoughts on it later. *LOL*

-Chazz

6. Chazz

*LOL* 3 posts in a row. Well I just got done watching this movie. I would have to give it ***** 5 stars. I loved it. The whole scene where he walks into the room with all the black belts is classic. I will buy this movie.

-Chazz

7. Kendo_Cougar

Kendo_Cougar New Member

Il ike Jet li's combo's. Flying kick, Fy in the air. but its too impossible, and weird. but cool movie though!

8. CyCloNe

CyCloNe New Member

KOTD has to be one of the finest action / martial arts movies to date. Its got it all. Fighting (Mucho Fighting), Shooting, Driving and of course the end of level showdowns (The boxer in the resteraunt and of course the twins).

It suprised me to find out that Jet Li is almost 40 (Not that 40 is a bad age you understand, just that he only just appears to have come to the scene since Lethal Weapon 4 and he still looks like hes 21).

Apparently he performed on the grounds to the whitehouse in a Wu Shu exibition for president Nixon.

After the excellent 'Romeo Must Die' he really did excel himself in 'Kiss of the Dragon' but wait, surely, no it cant be. Hes done another that looks to rival the Matrix for effects and fightscenes, its called 'The One' (Isnt that what they referred to Neo as???)

9. dragon_duplicat

dragon_duplicat New Member

Was a very good movie. I am now looking for the DVD to own it.

10. waya

waya Valued Member

Ok, I forgot to post back here lol. I bought the movie, and VERY glad I did. Only wish it had gone more into detail on accupuncture lol. But I think it was one of his better movies.

Rob

11. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Personally, I thought "Romeo Must Die" kinda sucked.

I *love* KOTD, though.

As far as some of the moves not being very practical ... isn't that *why* we go to these movies? ;) It's all about the fantasy.

I didn't think KOTD was very far fetched in most of its stunts.

I do agree, though, that sometimes they get a little ludicrous ... but I don't think KOTD did.

And sometimes, if it's explained well, as in "The One" or "Matrix", I don't mind the far fetched ... there's a *reason* they can defy the laws of nature. But some movies that are supposed to be set in the normal world, they sometimes go overboard with the stunts.

The action in movies *has* to be exaggerated ... bigger than life. It's an escape ... and if it weren't most moviegoers would have no clue what was actually happening.

Anyway ... not sure why I took that tangent ... but, there you go :)

Mike

12. Darzeka

Darzeka New Member

I'm just wondering if the black belts in the room were being trained in the art of having the crap beat out of them.
    Why didn't someone just throw one of their tonfa at him? (becuase it didn't say to in the script and then the movie would have finished).

13. Chazz

i was wondering the same thing. For some reason they got their butt kicked to easy. HUUMMMMMM

14. Dragon_Princess

Dragon_Princess Princess Available

I just bought the DVD with all of its great features:)

15. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

I'm a fan of all Jet Li's movies. Infact I'm collecting:D Kiss of the Dragon was awsome (hmmm. Kiss of the Dragon, wayofthedragon.....I wonder if we're related:confused:
    Anyhoo. Nice movie. I give it a 10. I owned the movie until someone lost it for me. Isn't that right Mrs. Dragon_Princess!!!

16. Dragon_Princess

who could lost such a good movie?!!! You can borrow my DVD if you'd like. I just got it.

17. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

He He....Don't play....You were the one to lose it:D

18. Dragon_Princess

You can borrow mine.

19. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I enjoyed KOTD, but I haven't seen Fist of Legend yet, I keep hearing people say thats his best. A good site for film reviews is www.imdb.com they rate Fist of Legend as his best on there. i've spend days reading film reviews when I should be working ;)

What would you say is Jet Li's top 3 films???

20. Dragon_Princess

yes, 'Fist of the Legend" is a very good movie. I love his movie "The One" as well....hhhhhmmmm...get back with me on my third one.:)