kimbo slice vs lesnar

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by emaun, Feb 15, 2008.

1. emaun

emaun New Member

Who do you guyes think will win out of lesnar and slice if they fought each other in mma. They both are storng as hell.

2. Raven001

Raven001 New Member

I think Lesnar because of his wrestling as he could get the take down easy then ground and pound. But Kimbo has i think submitted a guy in one of his fights with the help of Bas training so maybe Lesnar could get caught again. Not to mention Kimbo could KO him at any point. Might be a close fight in the end but I give the edge to Lesnar

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

It's a fight I'd like to see... especially given that both of them are relatively untested in terms of MMA. I'd also have to go with the edge to Lesnar... however... Kimbo doesn't scare easily and he's got KO power in both hands... so he could get a shot in that might sort out Lesnar. Not sure what sort of chin Lesnar has. I don't think he will want to keep it standing with Kimbo... and I don't think he would anyhow given his wrestling background. For as big and strong as Lesnar is... he's also very fast on the ground with his wrestling styles spins. It's exciting to watch... I'll be curious to see where he goes in MMA.

4. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I'd not be too interested in this fight, to be honest. I think Lesnar would take it by decision or GnP stoppage, though Kimbo could possibly KO him if it turns out Lesnar's got a glass jaw (no one's actually hit him yet so we don't know how his chin is)
    Moderately interesting sidenote: Kimbo is fighting Tank Abbott in tonight's EliteXC event on Showtime

5. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

Oooh... I've still got my Showtime subscription :)

For me it's more of a curriosity factor than anything. Both the imaginary match and the Abbott match. We all know that Kimbo hits HARD, but I see Lesnar taking it to the ground. I want to think Kimbo wouldn't panic if he was put in a tough spot, but ya never know. Lesnar's bigger by at least 30lbs, according to what Kimbo weighed in at the other night, so that's another edge. And the guy that Kimbo used a guillotine on was a washed-up pro boxer who probably didn't do anything MMA-related to prepare for the match. He's no Frank Mir.

It wouldn't be a pretty or epic MMA match, kind of a battle of pop culture icons. A novelty. Just one step up from Celebrity Boxing. But shoot, I watched some of that, too.

6. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

For those of us w/out the showtime pass; anyone want to test the spoiler tags? How was Abbot vs. Slice?

7. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

[EXPAND="Kimbo VS Tank spoilerz"]About as expected... A fat unskilled Tank got KTFO!!! Did anyone really expect anything different?
    It's up on http://www.dailymotion.com if you want to check it out.

Here's the exact link:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/kimbo+VS+tank/video/x4emvi_kimbo-vs-tank_extreme

They usually have stuff up pretty quick... these days YouTube has nada. So if you're not keen to peruse a ton of other MMA forums for direct links... a short search on dailymotion usually gives good results.[/EXPAND]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  8. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Ahhh! Sweet!

9. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

I'd love to see it. Let's face it, the fight would be amusing. Kimbo's got the goods on his KO power and I think he's been working hard on his jujitsu. His amateur fight was one by submission and personally I give as much credence to amateur bouts as I do to smaller promotions.

Lesnar seems really one-dimensional and I don't feel he's learned to apply his wrestling in an MMA context yet.

Then again both are too new to judge too well but that's all I can say based on the 5 I've watched, the only MMA fights they've had.