Killing intent?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Issac, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Issac

Issac Valued Member

I had just started studying more and more about different ideas. My question is if it is possible to project your killing intent so that your opponent will fell uncomfortable or something along the lines. The reason I ask is because I have noticed that whenever I really get angry and I just stare at someone they immediately go from whatever feeling they originally were and start to become incredibly fearful. I dont entirely like this because my friends have started to become quite scared of me.

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Oh not now!

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

No. You're just weirding them out by acting like a psycho.

If you don't like it, don't get so angry with your friends and don't act like a psycho.

mitch

4. Moi

Gonna get you hurt

5. righty

righty Valued Member

Simply speaking your emotions change your body language to something that is more aggressive. In other words, acting like a psycho as Mitch said.

Stop giving people stink eye.

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Just from my perspective but if you stared at me like that I would kick your teeth in

Just saying

7. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

Stop watching anime

8. Moi

Alone :rolleyes:

9. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Perhaps if you weren't also wearing a mask and slowly walking at them while wielding a large knife, they would be more likely to stay your friend.

[​IMG]

10. liero

liero Valued Member

He said he was staring at them- not mooning them!

11. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

12. righty

righty Valued Member

13. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Now THIS is scary staring...

[​IMG]

14. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

15. Metal_Kitty

Metal_Kitty Valued Member

LMAO ^^^ CUTE!

But I actually think this is a fair question. Displaying extreme aggression in a fight/pre-fight can definitely intimidate the other person. Humans, like other animals, are wired to sense and react to each other's emotions. It's nothing mystical...anyone feels uncomfortable being around someone that's angry, sad, distressed etc...even pets feel uncomfortable when their master is upset.

16. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Sure, but doing it to your friends in a presumably non-prefight situation just means you need to lighten up. I went through that phase as well. But, to my mind, it's a perfectly natural developmental... experiment, let's say. But it's not an actual valid tool in your toolbox.

17. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I just hope the OP realizes that before he tries it out on someone who takes it personal, and gets knocked out for his creepy staring.

18. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

My thought too. People are going to come in two varieties: The kind who back down from the stink eye and the kind who take it as a reason to escalate (and they, inconveniently, are precisely the kind you probably didn't want to escalate with).

19. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Agree 100%. At work, if I see someone giving me the stare I automatically think of them as a greater threat and in some cases, depending on the situation, will quickly try to control them and take those thoughts right out of their head. In my line of work, control is what we go for, but for someone without all the legal limitations I have, they might just decide to introduce your chin to their fist right then and there.

20. LawOfEye

LawOfEye Valued Member

um , the death stare only works if you're serious . before i fight i get a look in my eyes that just means i'm focus . the only people it scares are the little kids . others just see that i'm serious . in order to look scary you have to find out how they feel . if your opponent is confident , it's not going to work . if they are eager or know you have power , be serious or conservative . before i spar with certain people i either get a little giggle or i get dead serious . if you don't mean it , it won't work .