Kihonkai Karate Academy

Discussion in 'Karate' started by stuckTKD, Mar 14, 2012.

1. stuckTKD

stuckTKD Valued Member

Hi Guys,

Hoping you can all help me out here, I have been doing Tae Kwon do for a lot of years and I am currently a 1st degree and was nearing my second, but due to a few things I have left and now looking to do Karate, has anyone heard of the Kihonkai Academy? It looks good to me and is shotokan.
    Will I fit into Karate well due to my past experience in TKD? Will it help me acheive my grades any quicker (not too bothered if it does not by the way) any input would be good, many thanks.

2. Den141268

Den141268 Valued Member

hi

Hi

You will make the transition from Itf Taekwondo to shotokan no problem at all, it is very similiar apart from the sine wave. I have trained in both ITF taekwondo (1st kup) and shotokan karate (1st dan), choosing shotokan, just my preference, not as many politics lol, have heard of the association you mentioned though havent trained with them, best option is to pop over and have a look at the class or take a training session with them.

pm if you need any more help-glad to help out.

All the best

Dennis

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Doesn't that mean something like "basic fist" or "fundamental fist "?

4. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

group/association, actually, not fist

5. JSKdan

JSKdan Valued Member

Not heard of them but where are you and we might be able to point you in the direction of a good club.
    I do Shotokan and you should not have a problem with the change, plus what you have done is a good base for what you are looking to do and good luck with your search.