kicking injuries?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by wakaba, Apr 14, 2006.

1. wakaba

wakaba Valued Member

Had anyone heard of people messing up their hips and knee joints doing kicks that are different from basic front and back kicks? I hear things about hip problems from doing roundhouse and side kicks wrong and what not. Does anyone have any info on this?

2. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

it's possible to damage your hip joint if you do a side-kick wrong. haven't heard anything about the roundhouse.

when doing a side-kick make sure your toes point either parallel to the ground, or pointing a little downward. if they point upward, then you could damage the structures in or around your hip socket.

3. rygon

rygon New Member

ive had a groin strain whilst rying to do a too high a roundhouse kick...hurt quite a bit afterwareds, but i thinks thats going to be the worst, no knackered joints or anything, yu normally get those from doing repeatedly highly stressed activities, like jogging

4. rex00

rex00 Banned Banned

I've never heard of any injuries from side or round house kick that happen regularly. I'm no expert but if you make sure your properly warmed up (lossened up your joins and raised your body temprature, maybe a bit of stretching) you should be fine.