Kickboxing is no martial art

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by wisdom, Dec 20, 2003.

1. wisdom

wisdom New Member

What makes kickboxing a martial art?

its just a sport

......any one agree or disagree

2. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

What makes Judo a martial art? It's just a sport.

3. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

It's a sport with a lot of art behind it, originating in the American format from Karate.

You could say the art is in the skill involved, just as in the 'sweet science' of boxing?

4. wisdom

wisdom New Member

Judo is an art but now a days its mainly taught as asport i can tell you dont know much

5. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

I knew that.....

But if you consider Kickboxing to not be an art, and Judo to be an art, whats that saying? They are both sports.

Pardon? I don't know much?

Take a look at your grammar and spelling buddy.

Wisdom, if you don't treat people more respectfully you will get banned.

6. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Why exactly can't a sport be an art?

7. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

Wisdom, your profile says your art of choice is TKD, which is a martial sport all its own.

And keep the insults to yourself, or everyone will see the inherent irony of your screen name.

8. Skinneh

Skinneh Skinny Theif Ninja Spy

Who cares what it is... its fun and im having a blast :D

9. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Well done Skinny, you've just discovered the true meaning behind martial arts. I'm prouda ya. :)

10. wisdom

wisdom New Member

so ur a mush

11. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

Guys, be careful, he's a "samurai" he told me so in chat
    :D

A samurai who does Jeet Kune Do and Kendo...

wisdom..... you asked for our opinion, so why are you being rude?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2003
  12. Skinneh

I would talk in the chat ..... but noooo ... isp at works sucks so much it takes 25 minutes to send a msg.

13. Nerevar

Nerevar A son of a mother

A martial art is an art of fighting period. If you practice in a way of fighting, you doin' MA. Thats why there are more martial arts that one can count (go ahead and try). Kick Boxing and Judo both can be used in a fight, both are practiced, both are arts, both are martial. TA-DA!!:D

14. Skinneh

...... edit....... ill be nice :Angel:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2003
  15. Virtuous

Virtuous New Member

Martial art
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
    Since kick boxing has standard techniques for kicking, blocking, punching, evasions makes it a systematized style of fighting. This is the only attribute required for something to be considered a martial art.

Yeesh I guess that means Turkish wrestling is a MA as well. Oh well, you win some and you lose some :).

16. Dark Blade

Dark Blade It Roundhouse time

ROFLMAO

Hey wisdom...why don't you pull your head out of your @** and shut the $%$^ up!

If I'm not allowed to say that, please freel free to delete that part.
    lol :)

17. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

HAHA So the style he studies is "Samurai" , hes what 14 accordin to his profile and his occupation is 'collage' .Whatever that is, but thats also what his profile says. Anyway I think hes qualified to deciede weather or not kickboxing is a MA.:rolleyes: :woo: :woo: :woo:

18. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Birthday: June 9, 1987
    Martial Arts Style: Taekwondo - mainly a sport..........
    Biography: awaiting to be the greates martial artist of all time - LMAO
    Interests: martial arts only - and watching anime
    Occupation: collage - What kind of pics will be in it? Ohhh, you mean college, well I don't think that if you can't spell college you are in it. Since when did they take 16 year olds in college?

19. peacfulwarrior

peacfulwarrior New Member

Kick Boxing and Martial Arts

The way I see it is that Martial Arts revolve around fighting or defending oneself from harm. In Kickboxing, TKD and Judo you do do this pretty well if trained properly.

[​IMG]

20. Hakko-Ryu

Hakko-Ryu New Member

what the hell is this? you tell that to a Muay thai kickboxer that he has no 'art'...he'll show you a good lesson in "art"...the art of BREAKING your LEG with a SHIN KICK...or what about the art of KNOCKING YOU TFO (the f@$% out) with a nice MT round kick to the face? or what about the art of placing a flying knee to your temple....what about...ok....i can go on forever...what the hell is an art to you? stick with your 'crayons' for your art