Kick Combo Drills

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by TXKukSoolBB, Mar 3, 2006.

1. TXKukSoolBB

TXKukSoolBB Valued Member

I am looking for some new combo's to add to my classes. What are some of your favorite...and challenging...kicking combinations that you have done in class and/or at testing. Any suggestions appreciated!

2. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

1. Helicopter Jump Spin following immediately by low spin.
    2. Low spin, jump front (killer on the legs)
    3. Round, back side, spin (alternates legs)

3. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

try these

KJN SUN JIN’S JUMP KICKS ROUTINE

1: READY STANCE: R INSIDE/JUMP INSIDE CRESCENT KICK - R STEP SIDE KICK - R HELICOPTER BACKSIDE KICK

2 DEFENCE STANCE: L ROUNDHOUSE KICK - R SPIN KICK – R JUMP ROUNDHOUSE KICK – R STEP HOOK KICK

3 READY STANCE: CHANGE STANCE – R STEP SIDE KICK – R HELICOPTER SPIN KICK – R JUMP BACKSIDE KICK – L JUMP BACKSIDE KICK

4 DEFENCE STANCE: R SKIP FRONT KICK – R SKIP AXE KICK – CROSS STEP – R LOW/HIGH ROUNDHOUSE KICK – L SPIN KICK

5 DEFENCE STANCE: R STEP SIDE KICK – L BACKSIDE KICK – R BACKSIDE KICK – R SPINNING BACKSIDE KICK

6 READY STANCE: R ROUNDHOUSE KICK – L BACKSIDE KICK – R SPIN KICK – L STEP SIDE KICK

7 READY STANCE: R JUMP ROUNDHOUSE KICK – R STEP HOOK KICK – STEP – R JUMP SPIN KICK – R FLYING SIDE KICK

8 READY STANCE: R LOW SPIN KICK – R JUMP FRONT KICK – L LOW SPIN KICK – L JUMP FRONT KICK

9 DEFENCE STANCE: R HELICOPTER LOW SPIN KICK – SCISSOR KICK – LAND IN HORSE STANCE – R JUMP SPIN KICK – DOUBLE FOOT JUMP SIDE KICK

10: DOUBLE FRONT KICK – JUMP SPLIT FRONT KICK– LAND IN READY STANCE – R LOW SPIN – STEP – L HIGH SPIN

4. TXKukSoolBB

TXKukSoolBB Valued Member

Thanks for the ideas. Many look very challenging and others look down right evil! :D Once I get some of these down good...my students will be in for a surprise!!! :)

5. Shibby!

Shibby! Valued Member

Here is some i do for my personal training!

flash kick, flash kick, flash kick 900 hook kick :)

On a more realistic note!

1. Low spin, spin, Jump spin, (same leg)

2. Low spin, jump spin. (same leg)

3. Jump front, jump spin, jump round house (same leg)

4. Jump front, jump spin, jump front (same leg)

5. Low spin, Low spin, Low spin, Jump spin 540 (kicking with heel 540). (same leg)

6. Teach them flash kicks! cant go wrong with them!

7. Front kick, Spin back kick, Round house. (left, right, left)

8. Side kicks, front, left, back, right. Step the level up, by doing, Low middle high. At each point. ( can also do roundhouse and hook kicks for this one) Its done by moving in circles.

Nick

6. AirNick

AirNick Valued Member

Just trying to get my head round this one. The 540 kick would be kicking in the other direction to the low spins then yeah?

7. Shibby!

Shibby! Valued Member

The 540 kick i am talking about is kicked with the heel.

Some people might call it a helicopter??? or is that jump spin.

Sometimes the scorpion kick is refered to as a 540. (Kicking roundhouse) Is that what you refer to as the 540?

Anyway, the kick is still from the same leg turning the same way. If you kicking with the right foot for example, your turning clock wise, on the low spins, then when you come up for the 540, your still turning clockwise. Although you might need to plant your feet before the 540.

I think this is clear! im starting to confuse myself now! :)

Nick

8. AirNick

AirNick Valued Member

Yeah, I call it a helicopter.

If you do a full 360 on the low spin kick, you will end with your right foot at the back won't you? You need the kicking leg at the front for a helicopter so I would have thought that the only way to keep it flowing and turning in the same direction would be to throw the kick in the opposite direction?

9. Shibby!

Shibby! Valued Member

You have a point, although i have never thought about it like that! :)

I generally will not do a full 360 on the last low spin kick, i will leave it more of a 270 and full it from there.

If it is done quickly it flows in the same direction, the momentum from the low spin's pulls the body through for the 540 (helicopter).

Instead of planting the feet firmly, i think it comes out of the low spin on 1 leg.
    Know what i mean?

Nick

(edit) you can even low spin 540 (or almost 540) to get your feet planted for the 540 (helicopter)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2006